-+- The New Features -+-

Any chance of a spell checker?

The Mac OS has a system-wide spell checker built into it. I can spell check anywhere, including Organissimo.

I assumed that Window had the same feature, but I guess Microsoft hasn't gotten around to copying that yet!

Love the improvements and new features, Jim.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you get the itch, you might want to try wamcom, which is an adapted Mozilla for OS 9 and its supposed to be better than iCab.

Thanks again, eric. I'll look into that, but I'm curious now... I returned to the page that got me to thinking about (yet another) new browser (http://www.gbase.com/Common/LegacyBrowser.htm), and I had even forgotten that "Opera" is apparently another option (assuming I can download it successfully). I think they're offering version 6.0 of that; and as I said above, Netscape (I'm pretty sure it's version 7.0).

:unsure: So, would anybody have an opinion regarding a choice among the three browsers mentioned here?

Sorry to hijack the thread, BTW. :w I'll return it soon. ^_^

Well if you get the itch, you might want to try wamcom, which is an adapted Mozilla for OS 9 and its supposed to be better than iCab.

Thanks again, eric. I'll look into that, but I'm curious now... I returned to the page that got me to thinking about (yet another) new browser (http://www.gbase.com/Common/LegacyBrowser.htm), and I had even forgotten that "Opera" is apparently another option (assuming I can download it successfully). I think they're offering version 6.0 of that; and as I said above, Netscape (I'm pretty sure it's version 7.0).

:unsure: So, would anybody have an opinion regarding a choice among the three browsers mentioned here?

Sorry to hijack the thread, BTW. :w I'll return it soon. ^_^

Opera 8 is now available from Opera (choose the free download - click on the download tab at the top of the page).

Edited by J.A.W.

Will these new features aid in our quest for enlightenment, or are they just so much window dressing?

--eric

YES....

You mean you're not enlightened yet? Wake up, man!

... IT ...

And oh yes, the ignore feature is here. Look under "my controls" and on the left side "manage ignored users"

Mike

WORKS!!!

6:30?  You're not working long enough hours!  :angry:

My motto, when working special projects for the feds, is that at 6:01 they can go pound sand. That's when the real work -- maintaining order and preventing the children from yanking one another's hair out over the exasperating issue of the moment -- begins. :g

hmmm, :blink:  i didn't get my quotes in a box?

Do I?

6:30?  You're not working long enough hours!   :angry:

My motto, when working special projects for the feds, is that at 6:01 they can go pound sand. That's when the real work -- maintaining order and preventing the children from yanking one another's hair out over the exasperating issue of the moment -- begins. :g

What about anglo-saxon protestant work ethics? :P

Guest Chaney

Jim A: Any reason why I'm seeing threads marked as containing unread posts going back to May 13, 2005, even though I had just visited the board this morning? Marking all posts as read seems to be a temporary fix only.

~~~~~~~~~~

Most users ever online was 342 on Today, 05:02 AM :w

Edited by Chaney