-+- The New Features -+-

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim A:  Any reason why I'm seeing threads marked as containing unread posts going back to May 13, 2005, even though I had just visited the board this morning?  Marking all posts as read seems to be a temporary fix only.

~~~~~~~~~~

Most users ever online was 342 on Today, 05:02 AM  :w

:huh:

That has to be a bug. There is no way that number can be right. I'm going to have to look into that.

Guest Chaney

Q: Is it possible that in addition to (mercifully!) not being able to view the posts of those on my ignore list, I can also have the option of not seeing their threads? (Yes, I'm greedy. I seek more / utter ignorance.)

If this is not possible, could I request that those not to my liking be banned?

Q:  Is it possible that in addition to (mercifully!) not being able to view the posts of those on my ignore list, I can also have the option of not seeing their threads?  (Yes, I'm greedy.  I seek more / utter ignorance.)

If this is not possible, could I request that those not to my liking be banned?

:g

Chaney, I do not know if that is possible.  I have not tried the ignore function yet.  I'm assuming that you can still see threads started by the ignored user, but his/her posts do not show up in said thread?

You can also see their posts, but not the contents of the posts; instead, you get a "you have chosen to ignore {poster's handle}" message.

Guest Chaney

Only seven, thus far. I've yet to really get serious about it so I sense my list will soon flourish.

So... I'm guessing my banning idea is out?

Bah, this server times out alot on me, for several minutes at once.

Lets' see

Connectivity issues do indeed persist.

if I get

So is there a way to "mark all posts as read" in a forum like before?  There's no way even I can read all the damned political forum posts...

The quoting thing...

Edited by White Lightning

Is there any way to get the server to recognize me from the cookie? I have to keep logging in every time I visit. No biggie, but it's a step that wasn't there before.

EDIT: I just left the house for a while and it is not only making me log in again, but it's saying I last visited "Yesterday at 1:20 PM". Not by my watch. :)

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

You mean nobody will see my posts? :(

Test - It looks like the quotes only come in the order they originally appeared, unless you go to the effort of changing the order in your reply.

If someone is on everyone's ignore list, when they post will it make a sound?

Now that I have the opportunity to ignore someone who was getting under my skin, he has greatly reduced his posting to the point that he doesn't bother me anymore!

Now that I have the opportunity to ignore someone who was getting under my skin, he has greatly reduced his posting to the point that he doesn't bother me anymore!

Is that directed to me Mr. Russell?

Hi Free For All! Nope, not at all. I was testing the quote function. Sorry if I gave you the impression that you might be on my ignore list. (I'm still wondering where you got that still from Where the Boys Are!)

Is that directed to me Mr. Russell?

Hi Free For All! Nope, not at all. I was testing the quote function. Sorry if I gave you the impression that you might be on my ignore list. (I'm still wondering where you got that still from Where the Boys Are!)

Oh! Pardon me for the misunderstanding. :)

(In answer to your question I googled "Frank Gorshin & Where the Boys Are")