-+- The New Features -+-

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just emptied cache and whatnot, but no, it isn't any better. I have been looking hard at the html, but cannot find anything myself either. This site still thinks I am browsing with IE, I'll see what gives if I tell it I am using Opera.

EDIT: knocking on the door as Opera doesn't make it any better either.

Edited by couw

Just emptied cache and whatnot, but no, it isn't any better. I have been looking hard at the html, but cannot find anything myself either. This site still thinks I am browsing with IE, I'll see what gives if I tell it I am using Opera.

Yeah, I had it in the wrong spot anyway. I just tried putting an alignment code next to the nav strip and it made all the text on the whole site boldface. That's not going to work.

:)

I just tried putting an alignment code next to the nav strip and it made all the text on the whole site boldface.

that's some seriously unexpected effect! WTF?! it seems fonts and alignments are defined through paragraph types somewhere. huge pile of complex code.

I used to click on the link of the forum I was reading, instead of using the back button, just to keep the thread read/unread tags meaningful. I'll just use the cool new "jump to forum" feature at the bottom of the page then, saves me scrolling to the top.

I just tried putting an alignment code next to the nav strip and it made all the text on the whole site boldface.

that's some seriously unexpected effect! WTF?! it seems fonts and alignments are defined through paragraph types somewhere. huge pile of complex code.

I used to click on the link of the forum I was reading, instead of using the back button, just to keep the thread read/unread tags meaningful. I'll just use the cool new "jump to forum" feature at the bottom of the page then, saves me scrolling to the top.

How about now? I put an alignment code in the actual main global board header for the navigation strip.

still negative <_<:(

what isn't is that this new software allows me to change fonts and insert links after the fact. With the previous version, all font and link and whatnot business was added at the end of the written text, now Opera acts the same as MSIE already did: it adds smileys and links where the cursor blinks and changes the font of selected text.

Which is good! :tup

Sorting through my PM box, I noticed the sent-box is messed up. I found an ancient message there that I am sure I had long since deleted and several (very) recent PMs I sent do not pop up there.

Wierd! When I went to my PMs first time after the re-launch of the site, the Sent Items folder said (0), but when I opened it, all was there as it should.

You do realize you have to check every PM (at the bottom) if you want to have a copy in the sent items folder?

Any way to have that as default?

You do realize you have to check every PM (at the bottom) if you want to have a copy in the sent items folder?

oops! I hereby apologise for bothering folks with multiple messages... :blush:

Yes, please!

Same here!

I sent several messages repeatedly until I noticed the messages had to be marked to be stored in the sent items folder!

Edited by brownie

oops! I hereby apologise for bothering folks with multiple messages... :blush:

Yes, please!

Same here!

I sent several messages repeatedly until I noticed the messages had to be marked to be stored in the sent items folder!

Add me to that list!

Q:  Chuck wanted me to ask if there'll ever be a feature which will allow the older members (like Chuck, not me) to increase the font size.

And now, for Chuck (and not me, because I'm not aging):

Q:  Chuck wanted me to ask if there'll ever be a feature which will allow the older members (like Chuck, not me) to increase the font size.

:eye:  :eye:

:w

ISN'T THAT SOMETHING YOU WOULD CHANGE IN THE BROWSER SETTINGS?

And now, for Chuck (and not me, because I'm not aging):

:eye:  :eye:

:w

ISN'T THAT SOMETHING YOU WOULD CHANGE IN THE BROWSER SETTINGS?