HAPPY BIRTHNESS JIM ALFREDSON!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I had a great day... UNTIL...

My wife and I did the 7-course dinner thang with some friends, which was incredible. Way too much food, all of it absolutely scrumptous. I asked the chef where he trained and he said, "in my kitchen". I couldn't believe it. It was unbelievable. I wish I could remember some of the dishes, but alas, I am forgetfull. It was great.

However, I drove separately from my wife since she works in the small town in which this dinner took place. I was heading towards the highway when I got pulled over by some local small-town cop. He pegged me going 42mph in a 25mph, which is bullshit. I was watching my spedometer the whole time because I knew that this particular stretch of the road is a speed trap. In fact, my wife, who works for the city, says that this speed trap is the number one complaint every single month at every city council meeting.

Basically, it looks like it should be at least 35mph. You're out of downtown, there's barely any houses, few business, and you're going into a 45mph zone. But it's not. It's 25mph. Ok, that's fine. But here's the kicker... right in the middle of that stretch there's a big hill and as you go down the hill, your car accelerates. Every car accelerates. So you basically have to ride your breaks to keep from going over 25mph. Again, I was watching my speed and yes, I did get up to around 32 maybe 33mph, but there was no way I was going 42mph.

I wanted to ask the cop to see the radar, but I had a glass of wine during dinner (was not feeling anything) and my license expires today because it's my birthday and the Secretary of State has not mailed my replacement yet (they are massively understaffed due to budgest constraints... it took my wife over 3 months and 4 phone calls to get her tags for her plates last year) so I didn't want to push my luck.

But I will be fighting this. Ruined an otherwise great day, so I'll try not to let it get me down too much.

Asshole cop.