'Baseball and the Music of Charles Ives'

0810849992.jpg

I stumbled upon this in the music library a few months ago and checked it out. Never had enough time to start it -- hey, imagine that -- and it eneded up getting recalled by a grad student. So now I'm back to square one...

To the point though, I love the topic, Ives and baseball are two of my bigger passions, but isn't all of this just a simple case of Ives having incorporated the sport into a handful of his song titles? Are there really enough things to say about this to fill 216 pages?

Believe me, I'd love to be wrong about this...

0810849992.jpg

I stumbled upon this in the music library a few months ago and checked it out.  Never had enough time to start it -- hey, imagine that -- and it eneded up getting recalled by a grad student.  So now I'm back to square one...

To the point though, I love the topic, Ives and baseball are two of my bigger passions, but isn't all of this just a simple case of Ives having incorporated the sport into a handful of his song titles?  Are there really enough things to say about this to fill 216 pages? 

Believe me, I'd love to be wrong about this...

No time, and I want to keek the topic alive.

As I recall, there's even an Ives piano piece where he indicates that the last chord may be struck with a baseball bat!

Yet it's hard to believe that you could fill a book with this topic. I don't recall the Swafford biography spending much time on baseball, for instance.

Still, the book sounds intriguing and worth a perusal.

Now, Buster Keaton and baseball...