Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JSngry

Who Was The Arranger For Teresa Brewer's Version

5 posts in this topic

I heard this on the radio last night, and it was an interesting enough chart to lead me to find out that it was on a 1960 album of her's called Ridin' High, and it was interesting enough of a chart to lead me to ask who did it, but that's about as interesting as it was.

"Orchestra directed by Jerry Fielding" - not positive he wrote the chart, but seems likely.

Mike

Thanks, Mike.

That's two Fielding arrangements I've heard that have caught my ear as being a little more "knowing" than the context requires. The other was on the Hi-Lo's debut recording, "They Didn't Believe Me".

Fielding's main rep is in the film scoring world, right?

Posted (edited)

Jerry Fielding was a very talented composer/arranger who has unfortunately slipped through the cracks.  

He composed a lot of 70s film and TV scores, many of which did not receive contemporaneous LP releases.  

This has been somewhat corrected in the digital era, but many of these releases were limited editions that sold out quickly.

My favorite Fielding is his dissonant score for the Charles Bronson assassin film, The Mechanic.  This was released on CD twice.

Edited by Teasing the Korean