Ignore Function

Dan Gould

OK, the upgrade is complete. Is anyone actually using the Ignore function?

I ask cuz when I was splitting time between here and AAJ, I used the Ignore function on a couple of my political opponents, like Chris A. and Ron .... and you know what? About 99% of the time, when the software displayed a blank message from an "ignored" member, I couldn't help myself and I'd click on the link to see what the sumbitch was saying. :excl:

So for me, using the Ignore function was great in theory, worthless in practice because the fact was that, to paraphrase Jack Nicholson, I needed to know what was being said.

Now that I've been happily self-banned from the Political Forum for more than a year, I have no need for the Ignore function ... not even for Clem. :cool:

So what about you? Ignoring someone?

I ask cuz when I was splitting time between here and AAJ, I used the Ignore function on a couple of my political opponents, like Chris A. and Ron .... and you know what?  About 99% of the time, when the software  displayed a

Ohhhh, thanks Dan. It was so necessary to mention names. Have a lovely day. :wub:

I used the Ignore function on a couple of my political opponents, like Chris A. and Ron

For those who might otherwise be confused, how about clarifying which "Ron" the next time you use the name? :g

Not to worry, Ron. I can assure you there is no confusion. ;)

Guest Chaney

I'm currently ignoring (let me check...) nine members. It's not that I despise these folks, it's just that their posts tend to irritate me. I'm sure they're otherwise fine members of society.

I'm currently ignoring (let me check...) nine members.  It's not that I despise these folks, it's just that their posts tend to irritate me.  I'm sure they're otherwise fine members of society.

Someone tell Tony I'm just doing my job... :P

I would, but I'm afraid he may be ignoring me. :g

Guest Chaney

Okay, that's eleven and twelve.

:P

As a symbolic gesture, I'm considering ignoring all those that have joined this board and never posted. If they think I'm going to wait around for their wise words, well... they've got another thing comin'! Ready to post? Ha! I ain't listenin'!