Album of the Week: June 29 - July 5th

catesta

I look back at this thread and think...I can't believe how few people responded...I didn't even respond and it's one of my favorite Mobley sessions! Oh well.

"The Morning After" is a friggin' masterpiece of a track, at least that's my view. The rest of the session slides down easy like a greasy burger that does not require chewing to enjoy.

I remember at this time I didnt know what a "caddy" meant...

Same here. Back then I would have thought it was a 'tea caddy'.

Or someone who carries your golf clubs?

Playing my vinyl copy now (Blue Note 4230). Is this one of the Mobleys where the tracks are re-arranged on the CD? I have "A Caddy for Daddy", "The Morning After", "Venus Di Mildew", "Ace Deuce Trey" and "3rd Time Around".

I remember at this time I didnt know what a "caddy" meant...

Same here. Back then I would have thought it was a 'tea caddy'.

Or someone who carries your golf clubs?

Playing my vinyl copy now (Blue Note 4230). Is this one of the Mobleys where the tracks are re-arranged on the CD? I have "A Caddy for Daddy", "The Morning After", "Venus Di Mildew", "Ace Deuce Trey" and "3rd Time Around".

That is the track order also on my BN NY USA stereo copy of the LP.

My 1990 CD copy has the same track order too.

Sometime between the beginning of this thread and now I managed to score the TOCJ-4100 (or whatever number) of this album. That remastering y'all are calling for would be well-served (if ever) by using this source. Talk about an album coming to life! Digging this one out for spinning today! :excited: :excited: :excited:

• 2 months later...

A Caddy for daddy was my first Mobley ever, period. THe first time i heard his round sound. Everytime i listen to this one (which is not very often)i remember this fact. The "morning after"is imo the highlight of the date. Really something thrilling, in correspondance (don't ask me why) with the blue, cold and windy atmosphere of the cover. Definitely one of my favourite Mobleys.