Jazz Standard in NYC

robviti

I am planning a trip to the City in July, so I started checking out the websites of my favorite jazz clubs. The Jazz Standard's site usually features the current and next month's schedules, but currently it only has one for June. Clicking on the ticket web link, I see there are no shows listed for the club beyond July 3rd. Does anyone have information about the Standard's offerings after this date? If not, I might give them a call this weekend. The barbecue might be overrated, but I've really enjoyed the shows I've seen there.

And while we're on the subject, what happened to the Upover Jazz Cafe in Brooklyn? Since last summer, their website hasn't listed any acts other than Vincent Herring on Mondays and their Tuesday night vocal jam session with Enos Payne. Does anyone have the inside scoop on this intimate nightspot? Are they still open other nights?

I am planning a trip to the City in July, so I started checking out the websites of my favorite jazz clubs. The Jazz Standard's site usually features the current and next month's schedules, but currently it only has one for June. Clicking on the ticket web link, I see there are no shows listed for the club beyond July 3rd. Does anyone have information about the Standard's offerings after this date? If not, I might give them a call this weekend. The barbecue might be overrated, but I've really enjoyed the shows I've seen there.

And while we're on the subject, what happened to the Upover Jazz Cafe in Brooklyn? Since last summer, their website hasn't listed any acts other than Vincent Herring on Mondays and their Tuesday night vocal jam session with Enos Payne. Does anyone have the inside scoop on this intimate nightspot? Are they still open other nights?

Jazz Standard is fine, just slow with their listings I guess. Up/Over is gone I'm sorry to say, I thought it was a nice place and saw some great music there but there was rarely a crowd.

• 2 weeks later...

well, i finally remembered to call the jazz standard to see what's up. the person on the other end of the phone told me they just received a list of bookings for july. however, she said the schedule probably won't be posted on their website until all of the dates have been finalized. that being said, i did find out that the cannonball legacy band, led by louis hayes and featuring vincent herring, will be performing the weekend of 7/22-24.

btw, i read somewhere that the people who ran the upover jazz cafe in brooklyn might be looking for a new, street-level location to reopen the club. i hope that's true. if anybody hears anymore about this, please let me know.