Welcome to the Organissimo Forums

Guest admin

I'd have to agree, SS ... have the forum, enter at your own risk, and if it gets crazy and breaks the ground rules, take it out. But I would give fair warning ... unlike some other BBs we, um, know of ... ;)

I, for one, will stick strictly with the music!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berigan,

I think what we should do as a community is have a poll asking "politics or no politics". This place is for you guys. I can do without politics too, but if enough people want it, then it's cool with me. I'll just stay out of it! :)

Does that sound cool?

Very!

I added a link to your sight in my signature at BN....Not that I plan to post much there anymore...might be fun to have a contest between Johnny and myself, seeing who can get banned the fastest! (now UBB Code is not enabled, it says!)

Hey, whatever, I am still stunned by all this, nothing really is getting my goat right now...so if folks do want to talk politics,Fine! Now They don't have to bore family and friends!:rolleyes:

I think what we should do as a community is have a poll asking "politics or no politics". This place is for you guys. I can do without politics too, but if enough people want it, then it's cool with me. I'll just stay out of it! :)

Does that sound cool?

Yeah, that's really cool and radically democratic!

This is it: Ask the people instead of deciding over their heads!"

B3-er, I think that if we're going to have political posting, it would be imperative to give it it's own seperate thread so those who want to avoid it can. Mixing it in with anything non-musical like at this one board I used to post at (you may have heard of it...?) just didn't work. I'm sure that there are days when even Johnny E. didn't really feel like political stuff. Well...maybe not Johnny, but you know what I mean!

Over at the site previously known as BNBB Greg appears to be trying to flush out any remaining posters with his broom stick. He doesn't have appeared to have read the lengthy disclaimer at the top about being civil. That place looks real sick now. Hard to see it rehabilitating itself in a hurry.

Hey, unless I missed it, there isn't a Misc. Music thread, is there???

That begs the question: Do we want this to be primarily a jazz board, or is it a music board? If the latter, a misc. music thread is obviously not needed. But if we want it to be primarily a jazz board, then I can make a misc. music forum... no problem. Talk amongst yourselves! :)

My only concern, Jim, is having too many seperate forums to wade through. I'd rather see more overlap in subject matter than so much segregation of issues. For example, I really don't see the need for seperate "reissues" and "new releases" forums (i didn't at BNBB either). Just lump all new CD releaes together. I also think "Artists" and "Discographies" could be combined as well. I think it just makes for easier, less compartmentalized reading. But I fear I'm in the minority on this one...

Ray

Even though I was not a regular poster at the BN board (I post regularly at that Brand X board on the corner run by the friendly Ms. Lois), I did check out the board's content quite often. For a fan of historic jazz styles like me there sure was a wealth of information there, particularly in now inexplicably closed fora like "Discography." What an idiotic thing they did over there, when a simple discussion or even a warning would have helped immensely. But then I am constantly amazed at how many modern-day corporations treat their customers like troublesome potential enemies who just get in the way of the smooth operation of their corporate structure. Talk about forgetting one's purpose!!

Anyway, I just stopped by here to congratulate a fellow Michigander (well, OK, I guess I'm an ex-Michigander now) and fellow Michigan Stater (class of '83 here) on a job that appears to be very well done.

All that, and he's a hell of a B-3 man too... (inheritor of a fine, if little known, Michigan jazz tradition).

That begs the question: Do we want this to be primarily a jazz board, or is it a music board? If the latter, a misc. music thread is obviously not needed. But if we want it to be primarily a jazz board, then I can make a misc. music forum... no problem. Talk amongst yourselves! :)

To answer your begged question, let's just talk about misc. music in the "misc - non-political" thread.