Welcome to the Organissimo Forums

Guest admin

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say Jim (can I call you B-3er, cause if I call you Jim, it seems like I'm talking to myself, and I do enough of that as it is...), I've been meaning to ask you for quite a while - you got that McGriff album he did w/Junior Parker that's got that killer version of "In The Heat Of The Night" on it?

Hey Jim,

Soul Stream in the house! Man, you really got it going on over here. If everyone from the BNBB came this was, could your site handle the load? I know nothing about wesites, ect., so that may seem like a dumb question.

Everyone's at AllAboutJazz as you've seen. However, I don't see why a second migration might not head this way. It all depends on who can handle the huddled masses best. Obviously your sight has the best potential for unencumbered discussion of all things jazz and not.

Great job, and fast! Thanks.

Is this forum up and working so to speak? Noticed I had to come in the back door as oppossed to coming through the website.

Guest Guest

Geez, I feel like SUCH a whore - from BN to AAJ, and now hanging here on the ground floor. Where's the shower? :D:D:D:D

This has GOT to be the new home base for the BNBB. The forums are right, the moderator is great. We need to get the discussion started so we can begin talking jazz (or politics or women or...) again.

Man, I'm seriously having jazz-discussion-learning withdrawal. :(

Thanks Jimmy!

"If you build it they will come."

Geez, I feel like SUCH a whore - from BN to AAJ, and now hanging here on the ground floor. Where's the shower? :D:D:D:D

This has GOT to be the new home base for the BNBB. The forums are right, the moderator is great. We need to get the discussion started so we can begin talking jazz (or politics or women or...) again.

Man, I'm seriously having jazz-discussion-learning withdrawal. :(

Thanks Jimmy!

"If you build it they will come."

This was my post and I didn't log-in first.

Duh. I feel dumb. :unsure:

Guest Guest

Hello all. This place looks great! I hope it catches on. I just tried to post over at the Rhoda Scott thread but got an error message. I guess the bugs have to be sorted out. If this one works - I'll try again.

Seriously Jim - you're a player, a darn good one too, and that's a BIG plus for me. Get this puppy fully formatted and functional, and I'll do some serious hanging here. I make it a priority to look out for my own, and even if we don't play the same "style" of jazz, we both play JAZZ, "styles" be damned. Make this thing right (and I know you will) & I'm here.

Thanks Jim. I appreciate that. I really do. Coming from a great musician, not to mention cool person such as you. We'll see how this baby works... I'll try my best to make it a cool place to hang.

I was just playing around with the options offered by the bulletin board software. I don't know where you found it but software you're running here is most excellent.

The guy who I buy webspace from (thechain.com) turned me on to it. It's very nice. The homepage is http://www.invisionboard.com. It's open source too, which is very cool!

I like it better than most other bb software I've seen... especially the free ones! :D

Hey Jim, I think the place is great. I've read a few recent posts on the AAJ board from the moderator and I'm beginning to get a sense there's going to be a very tight-jazz only, keep it clean thing happening over there. Some nervousness on their part. Plus, the catagories they are suggesting suck. It's something like : Polls, Individual artists, music theory and help, and some other thing. It doesn't look promising.

As you know most people left because there wasn't going to be room for people to discuss other things besides jazz. Politics is given a lot of lip service, but Sports, Movies, T.V. and other things have also been very important to people.

In other words, in the end you might have everybody over here from the BNBB. I can see it happening very easily. You've done a great job, and I for one think this is a very good place to land. The AAJ board may have been a life raft, but your board may end up being dry land. :)

This is my aim... I've made some wonderful friends on the BNBB and it would suck to see those friendships trail off. If the BNBB is going to take away our freedoms and the AAJ board won't give us those same freedoms, then we can have them here. This board was set up for you guys (and gals) to come and talk and hang out and not worry about someone hanging over your head and censoring what you have to say. As long as we all treat each other in a civil manner, we'll have no problems.

The only thing that would make me say something is if someone was personally attacking another person or using this board to spout hate. I won't stand for that. Anything else goes... any kind of music. Music is music. Life contains much more than music so we can talk about that as well.

I will do my best to make this place user-friendly. Any and all comments/criticisms and questions are welcome.

:)

Congratulations b3-er. Just registered. I guess that like many others I am looking for something as close as possible to the old BNBB, with the same cast of characters. I hope that this proves to be that place and so far so good.

Good luck.

John

Hey Jim --

Think you've done a great job with this! Congratulations! Being a soul-jazz afficianado (sp?), I'm looking forward to picking up some info and recommendations (and maybe throwing a few out myself) ... I'm planning on picking up Organissimo's disc ASAP, as well. I've heard some of the tunes on the website, and they cook!

Good to know that the BNBB is not necessary for the jazz community to keep on living! :D

b3-er, Week.gifW!!!!

(Think Chaney did that once on the "other" board.)

Only about 100 times better than the "other" board. :)

Let me say, I hope this can be a political free zone, but hey, it is your board!

Unlike the "other" baord which seemed to think it existed for their benefit only.

By the by, I will shut up about the other place, but have you seen how there are no more PM's or the quote function???? :angry:

Anyway, reason to be proud, it looks great!

b3-er, Week.gifW!!!!

(Think Chaney did that once on the "other" board.)

Only about 100 times better than the "other" board. :)

Let me say, I hope this can be a political free zone, but hey, it is your board!

Unlike the "other" baord which seemed to think it existed for their benefit only.

By the by, I will shut up about the other place, but have you seen how there are no more PM's or the quote function???? :angry:

Anyway, reason to be proud, it looks great!

Doh!! Just call me Homer!!!! Wow, headlights! Really gettin' the match close to the gasoline, eh?

:P

I always think of those politic threads as a "enter at your own risk." You have to really have a thick skin to want to go there. Most don't and it gets ugly real fast. But for those with thick skins who love to challenge each other....I don't know, to each his own. I ALWAYS avoid those things. The last thing I want from my computer is stress.

Maybe the best way to do it is to have a stricktly "political" thread, isolated from the rest. To have it at all is a risk I guess. I don't know, I just stick to the music. But I like the idea of people being able to discuss any topic. Freedom of speech in it's purest form.

I guess whatever keeps B3-er away from police duties the most is what should be done.