Welcome to the Organissimo Forums

Guest admin

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I add one of those cool pictures by my name??

Check out My Controls menu at the top of the screen (forum title bar). There you can pick an avatar from the list or enter the url of a hosted avatar. Please keep custom avatars 100x100 pixels max and in .gif .jpeg .jpg .swf or .png format.

...ok ok, I've now washed up on this shore too. :D

I'll echo what I seem to be hearing from a few of the others. This is the best set-up board I've seen of all the choices (thx B3er!).

I tried out Harlem for about two minutes, and haven't been back. Don't care for the setup at Jazz Corner. AAJ I like reasonably well enough.

My concern for this board is that it won't ultimately pull in revolving new blood. I like you guys well enough (well most of you anyway!), don't get me wrong! But after the exodus from BN is complete, who else is going to tumble into this site? Where will our future softsongs come from? :g

That's one thing AAJ has going for it, albeit to a lesser degree than the "old" BNBB did, since it's a commercial website, and would theoretically draw new posters from the other parts of the site.

Anyway, I'm here and at AAJ. Just don't know which one to post to. And I don't want to repeat-post in both places. Sigh...

• 5 years later...

Say Jim, I've been meaning to ask you for quite a while - you got that McGriff album he did w/Junior Parker that's got that killer version of "In The Heat Of The Night" on it?

Well, this is a question asked long ago (and Jim never did answer) but having acquired most of their collaborations recently, I'm curious where this one appeared.

Say Jim, I've been meaning to ask you for quite a while - you got that McGriff album he did w/Junior Parker that's got that killer version of "In The Heat Of The Night" on it?

Well, this is a question asked long ago (and Jim never did answer) but having acquired most of their collaborations recently, I'm curious where this one appeared.

I've got it on a Capitol LP - The Dudes Doin' Business Capitol ST-569

If you thought that getting to hear Junior Parker singing "The Inner Light" (yeah, the George Harrison/Beatles sitar-laden song about TM) was a thing that would never happen in your lifetime, guess again.