Welcome to the Organissimo Forums

Guest admin

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say Jim, I've been meaning to ask you for quite a while - you got that McGriff album he did w/Junior Parker that's got that killer version of "In The Heat Of The Night" on it?

Well, this is a question asked long ago (and Jim never did answer) but having acquired most of their collaborations recently, I'm curious where this one appeared.

I've got it on a Capitol LP - The Dudes Doin' Business Capitol ST-569

If you thought that getting to hear Junior Parker singing "The Inner Light" (yeah, the George Harrison/Beatles sitar-laden song about TM) was a thing that would never happen in your lifetime, guess again.

It was reissued on Groove Merchant with the title "Good things don't happen every day". That will be easier to get hold of, I suspect. Never even knew about the Capitol issue :)

MG

Say Jim, I've been meaning to ask you for quite a while - you got that McGriff album he did w/Junior Parker that's got that killer version of "In The Heat Of The Night" on it?

Well, this is a question asked long ago (and Jim never did answer) but having acquired most of their collaborations recently, I'm curious where this one appeared.

I've got it on a Capitol LP - The Dudes Doin' Business Capitol ST-569

If you thought that getting to hear Junior Parker singing "The Inner Light" (yeah, the George Harrison/Beatles sitar-laden song about TM) was a thing that would never happen in your lifetime, guess again.

It was reissued on Groove Merchant with the title "Good things don't happen every day". That will be easier to get hold of, I suspect. Never even knew about the Capitol issue :)

MG

Thanks MG. I picked up that one a few weeks ago from Dusty Groove, which seems to get it back in stock with some regularity. For $10.99 I figured it was worth a shot, even with the Beatles covers, but I mainly wanted to hear Junior's last chart hit, "Drownin On Dry Land". A very uneven record to me, but "In the Heat of the Night" is definitely one of the better tunes.

• 4 years later...

It's been 10 years since the original question, but yes, I do have that album and have had it since the late 90s. :)

10 years for this place. Crazy, baby.