Waiting for the Boogaloo Sisters... RELEASED!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered mine 3-1-03, as you know. I've been anxiously checking the mailbox since Tuesday expecting its arrival. Then on 3-6-03, I get an email that my order has shipped and to expect it in 3-4 business days. Ahhhhh!

The suspense is killing me!! There's nothing quite like the anticipation of a shipment in transit. I guess I'll get it early next week. Are they always this slow in getting discs out or is this just another example of my rotten luck?

Another point. You guys should have your your disc reviewed by All About Jazz. Especially since so many Blue Note folks are over there. My friend's band got their disc reviewed there, check it out. ( Righteous Buddha - You actually bought a copy of that one.)

Scottb,

I actually had to get on CDStreet's case about not shipping the discs. They are supposed to ship them within 48hours. I was pretty upset with the guy I talked to on the phone and it looks like the newer orders are getting shipped rather quickly. Sorry for the delay.

I emailed Michael Ricci at AllAboutJazz about reviewing our disc, but haven't heard back from him. He's probably inudated with the BNBBers! :)

I'm glad to hear it, Saint Vitus! You know, I paid them $30 to set up the online ordering and they also take 20% of every sale which is fine because it costs an arm and a leg to set up the ability to take credit cards from your website. But for that $30 plus $3 that they are making off every sale, I expect the product to be shipped out promptly.

They were very kind on the phone, I must say. I decided to go with them instead of CDBaby, because CD baby takes a flat $4 from every order. With CDStreet, if you charge less, they take less and you get a little more bread per sale, dig?

The suspense is killing me!!  There's nothing quite like the anticipation of a shipment in transit.  I guess I'll get it early next week. 

Know how you feel. The CD is great, it's really cool to see a piece of work like that finally come into fruition. I wasn't too excited when Jim told me his CD was ready until I saw it (I didn't know he had a record label and professionally produced CDs!). It's top notch! Speaking of waiting by the mailbox, my new Acumen CD should be here Monday!!

Hello all,

Joe, - this is Andrew Anderson - the drummer that's been playing with T.J. for a couple of years now. I heard the new CD last Thursday and it is absolutely incredible! - I can't take it out of my CD player. It's really great to finally get to hear you play. - T.J. has always spoken very highly of you and now I see why :). I was blown away by the musicality of all you guys individually, but what impressed me the most was how well you all play together. I really hope that I get to meet you guys and check a show sometime. I can't stress how much I like the album and I can't wait to hear more!

Andrew

Andrew,

Thank you so much man! TJ has spoken very highly of you as well. He hasn't sent me any recordings, though... Anyway, thanks for stopping in, and I'm glad you like the music. I also hope we can hang out someday.

Joe

B3-er:

Damn, man! I had no friggin' idea.

I just checked the other parts of the Organissimo site and listened to the MP3s of your band. What the hell? Why don’t you have a contract with Blue Note already? I hope you don’t mind the comparison but your group sounds as good (or better) than anything done by Soulive. WTF?

I haven’t placed my order yet but I’ll be placing it soon.

Again, damn! This is some groovin' shit. :)

wesbed,

Thank you! We are very proud of the disc. Joe (who posts on this board) and I have been together a long time and we've been dreaming of this record for years. It turned out as good as we could've hoped. We're hoping it takes us to the next level, which is at least regional exposure if not national.

We'll see!

I too just ordered a copy, just to say thanks for this fabulous forum, let's see how long it takes to jump over the drink. I'll sure post my thoughts about it here! I saw Ron Blake a few days ago in Frankfurt with Christian McBride's group, he's a helluva player! So you guys must be pretty good too! I'm looking forward to this disc.

Hi - it's Andrew Anderson again,

Jim mentioned something in an earlier post about possibly hooking up a show/shows in NC. I think that would be fantastic. I know it's a pretty long way to travel, but if you guys could get 5-6 gigs down here, it might be worth it. I just wanted to let you know that if there's any way that I can help, I'd be glad to. One more time - congrats. on such a great album!!

Andrew

I placed my order for this CD after hearing the samples from the website.The CD arrived in Brussels (Belgium) only after 3 days, that's Very fast...After listening to it for a week or so, my advice is ...run and buy it : it is one of the best organ CD's I heard in many years.Congratulations...

:g:g:g