Lou Donaldson Mosaic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't purchased a new Mosaic set in several weeks. I believe I'm in the mood to get my copy of the Lou Donaldson box.

Tee hee hee.  :party:

Lou Donaldson Mosaic Complete

Yes. This one is the first on my Mosaics to buy list.

Your first line above makes it sound as if you buy a Mosaic every week.

True or just me reading too much into it? :crazy::cool:

the main reason I'm not getting it is that I have at least 2 or 3 of the sessions which were released on individual CD's....can't remember which ones but I can't buy a box of which I have at least half on CD already...

C'mon! Tell me more of why I need to get this set or why I don't. 

Feck. :P

I've held off buying the individual LPs and CDs of this one just so that I can get the Donaldson set..

:crazy:  :crazy:

Same here! I even had the one single disc I bought, "On the Sunny Side", on my sale-pile (but put it back in the shelf again)... never came around picking this one up, but I know I will do so, latest once it runs low!

I stand with my original opinion... buy the individual CDs... that are in print...

To me... I'm much more interested in Mosaics where most/all of the stuff has never come out in CD and/or is not likely to come out on individual CDs.....

(e.g., the Sonny Sitt set, Horace Parlan....etc.)

I vote - say your $$$ for another set... :)

the main reason I'm not getting it is that I have at least 2 or 3 of the sessions which were released on individual CD's....can't remember which ones but I can't buy a box of which I have at least half on CD already...

C'mon! Tell me more of why I need to get this set or why I don't. 

Feck. :P

I guess I'd better get this set sooner rather than later...not only for MS, but for Blues Walk -- one that never quite clicked (well, except for 'Callin' all Cats') so I ditched it about 5 years back. After reading some LD interview over at AAJ awhile back, I figured it might make sense to give it another listen. I remember that he was all fired up about 'Blues Walk'...said it's his only perfect recording and one that he listens to quite often in his car while cruising around. I thought that was a hoot....always wonder how many of these guys actually listen to their old stuff and get all giddy over it. That's nice.

I'm not crazy about the sound on this set, but the music is great; I like the stuff with Foster, he and Lou were combined something really cool!

I fully agree. To my ears this is one of Ron McMaster's worst remastering jobs, but the music's excellent.

Edited by J.A.W.

• 2 weeks later...