My Daughter Turned Over Her First Record

Alexander

My daughter is five years old. We were playing this morning while I was listening to my copy of Sidney Bechet vol.1 (Blue Note, natch). She had me buried under a ton of stuff (blankets, couch cushions, stuffed animals) when the side ended. I told her I needed to get up and turn the record over. She went over the stereo and asked how to do it. I talked her through it (it was really interesting. Raised as she has been on CDs and DVDs she didn't understand the concept of "the other side" at first) and she did it like a pro! I got kinda misty eyed...

Nice way to spend father's day, I thought!

I understand your misty-eyed-ness, Alexander. Love the "I talked her through it" part. :wub:

Luckily, my oldest daughter was little when vinyl was just starting to be replaced by audio-tapes and had her own little record-player and several LPs, like the Muppets and Sesame Street issues. So, although she has CDs now, she does at least know about records and their care.

Edited by patricia