Why is someone selling our record for $39.99?

So riddle me this, Batman...

I've been looking into selling things on Amazon. I've heard of the Amazon Advantage program through CDBaby. Basically, you pay a $29.99 annual fee (why not just make it $30?! I mean, really...), you ship them some discs, set your suggested retail price, they set some arbitrary selling price on their own, totally unrelated to your MSRP, and when an item sells, they take 55%. That seems pretty steep.

Method two involves selling an item for free (meaning no annual fees) through their Marketplace feature. You ship the item, they take $0.99 plus 15% of the sale price plus they credit you for shipping, so you don't actually pay shipping.

Um.. so why would anyone use the Amazon Advantage program?!!?

I think the answer to this question is the same answer to the question, "why does a dog lick his balls?"  Because he can.

Up over and out.

Nah, it's actually the same as the answer to the question, "why does the dog owner lick his balls?" Because he saw the dog do it, and figured even though the odds of success were highly unlikely, it wouldn't hurt anything to try...

I think the answer to this question is the same answer to the question, "why does a dog lick his balls?"  Because he can.

Up over and out.

Nah, it's actually the same as the answer to the question, "why does the dog owner lick his balls?" Because he saw the dog do it, and figured even though the odds of success were highly unlikely, it wouldn't hurt anything to try...

You could probably do it pretty easy if the dog was distracted by something that kept him still for a while, like a bone maybe.

--eric

Rob from Harvey Auctions confirmed by email that the price is indeed $39.99  .

Did you ask why, given its continued availability at less than half of that? That's the follow-up question!

Yes and no reply yet.

Rob replied: "if it is not widely available sooner or later it will sell for that price"

He did not really answer my question, probably he does not want to. The implication is that he is just waiting for someone to bite...

Rob replied: "if it is not widely available sooner or later it will sell for that price"

He did not really answer my question, probably he does not want to. The implication is that he is just waiting for someone to bite...

Well, he can bite me. <_<

:P