BFT #27 Signup

JSngry

Summer's here, and the time is right.

No time for a carefully planned conceptualized trip this time out. Just gonna go through the shelves, pull some favorite stuff at random, and slap it on there. Should be some no-brainers as well as some stumpers, and there will most likely be some non-jazz. But not too much, and nothing too far afield. The emphasis is probably going to be on fun stuff, since I'm tired, it's hot, and that's that. Of course, what's fun for me may not be fun for you, but that's life. :g

I'd very much like to handle distribution the same way I did last time - I burn all the initial CDRs, send them in bulk to the various distributors, and then they mail them out. That's ultimately more efficient for me, and lessens the burden of the distributors. All y'all gotta do is send'em out and pay for the postage. I pick up everything else.

Since we got a whole month to play this game, and since July 4 is a big holiday for the US members, my goal is to get things out on either side of the 4th (probably just to the far side, but you never know, at least I don't), so discussion can begin after everybody's sunburn and flash wounds have healed. Non-U.S. participants can (and should) feel free to get drunk and dangerous around this time, just to get into the spirit of the season (and, quite possibly, of the test itself).

To sign up, send me an e-mail at musicaconcarne@yahoo.com. Make the subject "BFT 27". Be sure to include all information needed to get you your discs. If you'd like to help out with the distribution, please make the subject "BFT 27 Distribute", or something like that. I'll respond in a timely but not necessarily immediate manner. Like I said, I'm tired, and it's hot. :g

No PMs, please! My PM box is almost always on the verge of fulldom, and I'm very lax about clearing it out.

Ok, let's roll!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... Jim had BFT #4 (a MF'ing Milestone of a BFT it was, too), and now, after all this time, 23 tests later, he gets back on the horse once again, with "BFT 27: (insert dramatic subtitle... or not)". Man- talk about courage, longevity, perseverance, and... courage. :cool:

Hey... didn't you also walk on the moon in one of the later Apollo missions? :mellow:

Oh, yeah. I'm in! Lemme switch browsers and fire one off...

Now that I've posted my guesses for #26, I take the courage to signup here, too..... :)

I will gladly take over the forwarding to other particpants from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland - with temperatures here rising above the 30° C mark every day, we're all in Schwitzerland .....

Mail sent!

Our story so far:

1 - Stephan Wood

2 - King Ubu

3 - White Lightning

4 - Jim Dye

5 - Brownie

6 - Brad

7 - The Man With The Golden Arm

8 - Joe (Gloss)

9 - Dan Gould

10 - Jim Rowan

11 - MartyJazz

12 - Tooter

13 - Couw

14 - Big Al (pending address, my bad)

15 - Catesta (who's generously agreed to rent Lincoln Center for a release party :tup )

16 - .:impossible

17 - mmilovan

18 - Nate Dorward

19 - EKE BBB

20 - Mike Weil

21 - John B

Should be fun!

Hoping for another participant shortly, from Japan. Will that be a first? I'm sure he'll get a big welcome if he does decide to join in the fun, won't he? Big Kenny Wheeler fan.

Wow, I wouldn't be the only "Asian" in the group.

And I guess that could make me (or him) the distributor for Asia.