Taking tubes too far

mgraham333

I really doubt that this thing sounds like a tube radio of old! It just has a tube for an input I would bet, has a solid state output stage. Nice. . . but for a man who doesn't even have a car, and who spent the last decade with a car without any music within, not a big deal! (But I am a tube man!)

Panasonic? I don't get it. Appears to me that the tube is more for show than go. I recall a few years ago, some mainstream home audio manufacturer stuck a couple of tubes in front windows. Tubes are fine, when used for some sonic purpose. A (one) tube in a stereo device?

Appears to me that the tube is more for show than go. 

Yeah, it looks that way to me as well.

But don't get me started on car audio; why people would spend major buckage for a stereo that's placed in such a noisy environment is beyond me anyway...

.... but if you live in Alaska, a tube amp under your seat, is a great idea. :g

**** me, that is quite possibly the most pointless excercise I have ever seen or heard of. Mind you I suppose you could slip a Walkman Pro there instead of the I spod.

Cars are a great place to hear music if all you want to do is enjoy it for the ride/kicks. Who cares that fidelity is sometimes a little shall we say lacking? I was introduced to one of my favourite ever all time top 10 albums via crappy cassette in a very noisy car - it affected me so much that I have since bought the DVD-Audio but nothing will ever replace that original sensation.

John Peel (RIP): "Listen pal, life has surface noise".