The mother lode...

So I've been collecting vintage posters from the 1968 Summer Olympics for going on a couple years now. Marksmanship and basketball, for example, are on my living room wall as I type; while yachting, cycling, field hockey and [a couple more that I'm forgetting] are in the queue for framing. (The soccer poster continually fetches more than I'm willing to dump on any one item...owing mostly to the fact the the player looks like he's doing capoiera. Translation: it looks really damned cool.)

Anyway, I just stumbled upon this just now. I had no idea that every poster was colllected in one box, to say nothing for the books.

Were this closer to the $300-350 range, I would have already pulled the trigger.

Alas...

Brandon

I was making a "generic" statement but if you wanna make it personal and compare 1040s for the last few years I'm game.

Driving a 1992 Nissan Sentra without 5th gear, shocks and I have to charge the battery each morning (alternator died) to get to the PO for the mail.

edited to add Sentra to the above.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

No no no no... I was just saying is all. [That phrase never really comes off right when typed out.] I didn't mean that to sound overly personal. I'm in a coffee shop in the Haight right now, editing interview questions. The music is terrible and very loud and perhaps I allowed that to affect my skills as a verbal tactician. In any case, my bad. Sorry.

Anyway, glad to see another proponent of the well-worn automobile. My last car was a 1992 Isuzu truck with next to no paint, a drivers side window that was taped up, and no air conditioning (in Austin, TX!).

Okay, I gotta get out of here before commit any more ill-advised thoughts to (virtual) paper...

I was making a "generic" statement but if you wanna make it personal and compare 1040s for the last few years I'm game.

Driving a 1992 Nissan Sentra without 5th gear, shocks and I have to charge the battery each morning (alternator died) to get to the PO for the mail.

Wow...you have a car? Beats me! :lol:

Very cool hobby!!  I'd love to spend my money on some of those posters.

Anyone know where I can find the 1968 USA Olympic track team roster?

"Roster" or "poster"? You'll have no trouble finding images of the medal ceremony. They're all over the place. In fact, if you mirror my saved eBay search [mexico olympic poster], you'll get several. This one dude always has six or seven of them up and any one time.

A roster on the other hand...I dunno. When I get the time I'll see what I can dig up.

The roster.  I've been searching around, but so far, no luck.

Got individual pictures of the women's and men's team here. The men's is on the following pages.

You can go one at a time to see the name & event associated with each photo by placing your mouse over it (but don't click.) This trick doesn't seem to be working for my browser but I'm not using IE.

Is that the car you drove on your trip to KC, Chuck? Yikes! :o

No shocks on those crappy Missouri roads? That'll keep you "regular" for sure! ;)

Is that the car you drove on your trip to KC, Chuck? Yikes! :o

No shocks on those crappy Missouri roads? That'll keep you "regular" for sure! ;)

No, we drove Ann's car - she has a job and a 2002 PT Cruiser she bought for $13,200. :mellow:

My car won't go 20 miles without a recharge.