Looks like just another monkey film ...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then who needs this? Who's been waiting? Watch the original, what a moving film! This will be all glossy and full of special effects that add up to nothing but a mediocre film, no? (Why are Hollywoof films looking dead? Because of all the technical computerised stuff?) (Sorry for the rant... says the purist and takes his hat from this thread.)

Terrible CGI dinosaurs, by the way.  Yeesh...

I thought so too. The original Jurassic Park's dinosaurs look better, and thats 12 years ago. But then again, its tough to beat out ILM in the effects dept.

I'll probably still see the movie though. I liked Lord of the Rings and am curious to chart Peter Jackson's progress. Also, I'm a fan of Adrien Brody and especially Naomi Watts.

Edited by sal

I figured Jack Black was going to provide comic relief in this one.  Strange to see him play it straight...relatively speaking.  I doubt I will see this film however, as if often the case, I am going to vote [yes] on Naomi Watts. 

Terrible CGI dinosaurs, by the way.  Yeesh...

Jack Black (Carl Denham) does get some laughs, but mostly plays it straight.

Re: the CGI dinosaurs, much of the SFX is still being worked on.

This is gonna be huge.

• 5 months later...

But then who needs this? Who's been waiting? Watch the original, what a moving film!

Got to agree with Ubu on this one.

....And Jack Black playing the role of Carl Denham? Methinks no thank-you.

One of the things I liked about his Tolkein production was the lack of - for the most part - of "stars".

But then who needs this? Who's been waiting? Watch the original, what a moving film! This will be all glossy and full of special effects that add up to nothing but a mediocre film, no? (Why are Hollywoof films looking dead? Because of all the technical computerised stuff?) (Sorry for the rant... says the purist and takes his hat from this thread.)

I truly hope this is not true. I'm not a big Star Wars watcher aside from the marvelous workmanship that goes on but am looking forward to this as the original is more than a classic! I did however see a clip of the mountaintop love in scene and it looked exactly as Flurin predicts. Matte paintings that are all Maxfield Parrish and a gorilla that sits a few yards from where he really is. I hope it comes off as good as the work that went into it. RDK, tell us if Naomi reprises her Mullholland method.