Marion Brown Quartet

Rosco

An interesting sidenote: Marion has said that this was recorded before Ascension, making it a Summer (rather than mid-November) 1965 date. Curious...

Mike?

That would also place it before Wayne's 'All Seeing Eye' session (October 15th)...

• 2 months later...

Did anyone mention that ESP-Disk is reissuing this title on August 2nd?

Ah ha! :excited:

No track listing for it so far, though, so no telling if it will be 3 or 4 tracks...

<_<

Tracklist is up now... 4 tracks!

Of course I just bought a 3 track version of it... (I still don't understand the ESP CD reissue situation... Calibre, Abraxas, Get/Abraxas Mini-LPs... I guess those are all European-produced and licensed? And ESP is doing its own series in the US? And wasn't there talk about their own reissues being CDRs?)

They have CDRs of some titles for now, until they remaster the catalog completely... though I doubt that some lesser titles will (or need to be) reissued, especially from the 'pop' catalogue.

As I see it, the Euro versions are copies whose licenses have run out, though most distributors still stock them. Domestic ESPs are currently the only authorised versions in print.

If you get the 4-track version that is out, you will not only get a nicely-done master of all known original takes, but liner notes by yours truly from an interview that I did with Marion this past Spring. And to this day, he still counters that he made the ESP first...

They have CDRs of some titles for now, until they remaster the catalog completely... though I doubt that some lesser titles will (or need to be) reissued, especially from the 'pop' catalogue.

As I see it, the Euro versions are copies whose licenses have run out, though most distributors still stock them. Domestic ESPs are currently the only authorised versions in print.

If you get the 4-track version that is out, you will not only get a nicely-done master of all known original takes, but liner notes by yours truly from an interview that I did with Marion this past Spring. And to this day, he still counters that he made the ESP first...

Ok, I see a little bit clearer now, thanks! I will definitely add the Brown to the list!

Thanks to you and to Brownie for relating all the memories to the young ones like me!