Need advice on cleaning 78s

ajf67

My girlfriend and I recently came into a bunch of 78s, and I was wondering what methods some of you have found work best and recommend using to clean them.

Although I have a Nitty Gritty that I use (and love) for my LPs, I was looking for a cheaper, manual way of cleaning them. I know I can't use the LP cleaning formula on the 78s.

Guest mary mcgoon

One note- DO NOT use alcohol or alcohol based cleaners on them. Many cleaners marketed for vinyl use alcohol. Don't use cleaners made for LPs on 78s.

I use a VPI machine, before that I just used distilled water and a (previously unused) toothbrush, which seemed to work fine.

Guest ariceffron

:excited: "My girlfriend and I recently came into a bunch of 78s, and I was wondering what methods some of you have found work best and recommend using to clean them." :excited:

I KEEP MY 78s NEXT TO MY BED TOO AND THIS HAS NEVER EVEN COME CLOSE TO HAPPENEING. WERE YOU IN SOME WHACKY POSITION OR SOMETHING