ORGANISSIMO LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a blast! Thanks to everyone who "tuned in." The sound people will have a mix down from 12 tracks for us in the future and we'll be playing the dickens out of that Arno Marsh tune "Sweet Potato Pie," which about drove Ann Nessa nuts...dug Dan Jacobs coming by to sit in, too.

Great to see everyone -- Chuck, Ann, Skid, the band. Lovin' live radio....

Lazaro

OK, now I've listened to the tunes again and cross-checked with the "organissimo in the studio" blog, and I gotta say:

LOVE the loping feel on that first cut. That's one HIP dude taking the "Third Right on the Left."

Wish you'd lay down "Sweet Potato Pie" for the CD, but I'm sure "Pumpkin Pie" will sound just as sweet. :D

NO IDEA why "Smokin Section" is a "guy's tune" but then again, I've never claimed to understand women.

"Brother Ray" sounds better each time I hear it, really, really looking forward to hearing Randy's harmonica on this one.

Thanks for the sneak peek of what is sure to be the organ trio recording of the year.

Yes Dan, thank you for the kind words!

We did a version of "Third Right on the Left" with Johnny Gist during the sessions for the new record, but it did not make the cut, mainly for "flow" reasons. Meaning that another tune just fit the "vibe" of the record better. We recorded way more tunes than we needed for the last record.

BUT, we played that tune multiple times with Arno on the tour, so it'll probably find it's way onto a live CD, as well as some other original tunes including a really cool minor blues-y thing by Randy called "Razzle Bazzle" and a tune by me written specifically for Arno called "Arnothology". And of course, "Sweet Potato Pie".

Pumpkin Pie is very different, but I think you'll like it. :)

Concerning archiving, as soon as I get a master from the engineer, I'll review it and see about getting it up on the site.

Thanks for the kind remarks, Dan.  :cool:

I'm sure that Sweet Potato Pie will see the light of day on some studio or live release!

Thanks for the nice review Dan.. Wait until you hear "Razzle Bazzle".. The tune was originally entitled, "So Be It". I renamed for my dad because he likes to scat in "razzle bazzle syllables" :) .. I've recorded it with a piano trio.. However, this is the best the tune has ever sounded! Because it's basically a minor blues and because of the nature of the lines, the tune is a natural for the organ group format.

is there any chanches to hear it from archive or so?

YES, please!

This happened in the middle of the night for us Europeans! Hate to have missed this! Sounds like a great evening!

Me three... I caught only a few minutes and it made me want to hear the whole damned show! :excited:

Me four! I couldn't get the audio through my computer last night.

is there any chanches to hear it from archive or so?

YES, please!

This happened in the middle of the night for us Europeans! Hate to have missed this! Sounds like a great evening!

Me three... I caught only a few minutes and it made me want to hear the whole damned show! :excited:

Me four! I couldn't get the audio through my computer last night.

Me five! I've got a bad Summer cold and need the sleep.