Jazz cd's stores in Stockholm

cayetano

I was in Stockholm a couple of summer's back. Three places I found good were:

Ahlens City - Ahlens is a big department chain; their flagship store has a good CD department with lots of jazz. It's on Sergels Torg, the central square where you will probably come out of the underground at some point. The square is on two levels, like a football stadium. You want to be on the higher level.

Mega Skivakademien - also at Sergel's Torg. This time on the lower level, tucked under the roof in the nortneast corner. It took me a couple of days to find it as its address referred to a road on the upper level.

Those two are a couple of minutes apart.

There's also a small store with a very large jazz collection just a minute to the north. If my memory serves me right it is right by the Konserthuset (concert house).

There's probably other places but I never found them. Too much else to see in Stockholm...don't miss the Vasa, a reconstructed 17thC warship in a superb multi-level museum built around the ship. You'll need a few hours. It's fascinating!

Edited by Bev Stapleton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

*bump*

Any new advice, seven years later? Any used CD stores with lots of pre-WWII jazz? I can dream, right?

One thing I plan to look for are Gösta Hägglöf's releases. I have most of the Ambassador ones, but none on the other labels.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...