2005 British Open

Given Woods' history at St. Andrews, you've got to think he's very comfortable on that track. The last time the Open was held there, he not only ran away and hid from the rest of the field but, while doing so, set the record for the lowest overall score in the history of major's golf at 19 under.

Too bad about Nicklaus. At +3 after his first round, and considering that the course seems to be yielding some pretty good scores, he'd really have to go low tomorrow to have any chance at all of playing the weekend. Everyone gets old, but it still must be awfully frustrating for him not be able to do now what came so easily to him in the past.

Speaking of Jack, did you know that Tiger has won all three Majors when Nicklaus was playing that tournament for the last time? The 2000 U.S. Open, the 2000 PGA and the 2005 Masters.

One other golf note. On the off chance Michelle Wie wins the Men's Publinx championship and gets an invite to Augusta, can you even imagine what kind of a circus that would be? I'll bet old Hootie Johnson is having some sleepless nights just thinking about the possibility.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

Speaking of Jack, did you know that Tiger has won all three Majors when Nicklaus was playing that tournament for the last time?  The 2000 U.S. Open, the 2000 PGA and the 2005 Masters. 

Seredipitous fact there!

One other golf note.  On the off chance Michelle Wie wins the Men's Publinx championship and gets an invite to Augusta, can you even imagine what kind of a circus that would be?  I'll bet old Hootie Johnson is having some sleepless nights just thinking about the possibility. 

He might be OK and acknowledge that Hawaii was not even a state when he was born and that whole other conflict was merely a police action.

Tiger up by 4 with 5 to play. Jose Maria and Colin are faltering.

Tiger wins easy from here on out.

I have to decide that it is OK to like Tiger, even though he is going to shatter Jack's record for major titles. I guess it is the same thing Arnie fans had to go through back in the 60s :g

What's not to like about Tiger? He is a champion, just like MJ, Jack and Gretzky

Edited by Eric

When it's all said and done, Tiger will be the man. For now, I'll hold with Nicklaus. Bobby Jones was no slouch either. Man, what I'd give to see either guy (especially Jones) in his prime playing with today's equipment. With the possible exception of Sam Snead, Jones had the sweetest swing I've ever seen.

Up over and out.

did i miss something?

did YOU or anyone pick colin montgomerie(sp?)?

he's the only guy to be within 5 strokes

how much did you lose on the pistons or do you just give people shit after they STEP UP and make a pick?

if you think my picks are that bad put some $$$$$ on the opposite of what i pick and see how much money you win

ss1

Edited by Soulstation1

When it's all said and done, Tiger will be the man.  For now, I'll hold with Nicklaus.  Bobby Jones was no slouch either.  Man, what I'd give to see either guy (especially Jones) in his prime playing with today's equipment.

There's the point!

Given the extremes of technology today I'd have to favor Nicklaus back in the day over the whole deal cause it's the "head" that would be the best stick in the bag if Tiger were playing persimons, blades and old balatas. ... that would sure be some fun fantasy match.

One of my defining memories as a kid was kneeling right up next to the tee box marker on #16 at the Firestone World Series of Golf in Akron (had to watch quite a few no slouchers before him to get that perfect spot all to myself). Jack came right out of his shoes taking the 600 yard Monster in two. Sweet!