Musical Preferences

nemo7

My dear departed cat Cecil always responded to harmon-muted trumpet solos. Open-horn solos seemed to make no impression on him, but when a harmon solo came along, he would look around for the source of the sound. (I always wondered whether he thought the sound was coming from another cat.)

My cat seems to dig guitar stuff...probably because she's heard me play guitar since she was a kitten.

But if I put on Miles Davis and a harmon mute solo comes on...she runs for cover! She also can't stand soprano sax...the high range is just too much for cat ears methinks.

The funniest thing though...is that even worse than Miles...if I'm listening to some Duke...and Cat Anderson does one of his "stratosphere licks"...she freaks out...and his name is "CAT" Anderson....cracks me up.

When I was in college I was practicing with a play-a-long recording and noticed my roomate's cocker spaniel Sonny standing in the doorway listening. I went back to playing, and when I looked back the dog had left the room but in the spot where he was standing was a fresh steaming pile of poo.

Everybody's a friggin' critic!