July '05 Mosaic Running Low & Last Chance

Last Chance: The Complete Anita O'Day Verve/Clef Sessions (#188)

Running Low: The Complete CBS Recordings of Eddie Condon (#152) LP

The Complete Columbia J.J. Johnson Small Group Sessions (#169)

The Complete Kid Ory Verve Sessions (#189)

Any comments regarding the Ory set?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I COMPELTELY AGREE ABOUT THE O'DAY!!!!!!!!! DO IT! I bought kinda on a whim... and I LOVE it.... IMHO This is the best vocalist box they've put out by far.... And you KNOW this stuff ain't gonna get reissued.... :tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

I'm extremely happy with the O'Day..... So I'd grab it.... :party::party::party::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The JJ I have and only gave 1 spin and wasn't thrilled with it... I hope someday I'll get a better take on it....

You know the website... :)

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT, pass on Anita and J.J., whatever one does!

Edited by tranemonk

Well, I've been ready for some time to pull the trigger on the J.J. as soon as it went into "running low" or "last chance" but, thanks to Ghost's "directive" and other comments I've read previously on this Board, I just ordered both J.J. and Anita. :excited::crazy::blink::huh::unsure::ph34r:

Wow - I'm glad I picked up the O'Day set from Scott Wenzel at the LP convention recently. Very strongly recommended, I had no idea that it was in imminent 'threat of extinction.'

I'd be interested in hearing about the Kid Ory too. I have the other 2 sets and they are both worth having, espacially the JJ. Don't miss that one..

Good man Ron... I really think you'll like the Anita

Well, I've been ready for some time to pull the trigger on the J.J. as soon as it went into "running low" or "last chance" but, thanks to Ghost's "directive" and other comments I've read previously on this Board, I just ordered both J.J. and Anita. :excited:  :crazy::blink:  :huh:  :unsure:  :ph34r:

Considering I have so much more music like JJ than Anita, I'm leaning towards O'Day, but both are pretty pricey. I might not be in the running for either, right now. I'll have to do some thinking on this one.

Even though AO is on Last Chance, I don't think it's going to disappear as fast as Byrd/Adams did, if only because of the price.

Does anyone know how many Anita O'Day sets they have left? I am not a big fan of vocal jazz and this is very bad timing 'walletwise'! Are we talking days, weeks or months before this one goes OOP? I am definitely going to pull the trigger for the Johnson set but I don't want to let the O'Day go if it is a real pearl! My bank account is going :wacko::alien::crazy: I must change job. Teaching does not pay enough to keep up with Mosaic!