Jared Gold-killin' young organist

Soul Stream

Here's a 21 year old from NYC who plays in the Larry Young/Larry Goldings kind of bag. Found a video of him playing with a group here, he's playing a silly hammond emulator but just kills it....

http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/mil..._id=LYNKANDERS#

Check out the song "Minor Impact" from Avi Rothbard's "Twin Song" on this http://www.rothbardmusic.com/recordings.htm Gold's really flying.

Edited by Soul Stream

Yeah...that kid is killing that Larry Young shit on that video. Especially on "Motherless Child". The bossa on "You Don't Know What Love is"...yeah it's all there. Move over Sam Yahel and Kyle Kohler ;) there's a new Larry Youngish dude in NYC, seems like these guys are comin' out of the woodwork these days in that town.

Also, he's making that stupid Hammond XK2 sound REAL good for what it is. If he can play that damn thing and make it sound like that, I can't wait to hear him on a real B3.

• 7 years later...

Yeah...that kid is killing that Larry Young shit on that video. Especially on "Motherless Child". The bossa on "You Don't Know What Love is"...yeah it's all there. Move over Sam Yahel and Kyle Kohler ;) there's a new Larry Youngish dude in NYC, seems like these guys are comin' out of the woodwork these days in that town.

Also, he's making that stupid Hammond XK2 sound REAL good for what it is. If he can play that damn thing and make it sound like that, I can't wait to hear him on a real B3.

this kid is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes me want to dig my B3 stuff out again. sounds fantastic with guitar, drums, and 'bone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Interestingly, he shows a willingness to stretch the boundaries a bit in Oliver Lake's Organ Quartet.

speaking of stretching the boundaries, last night he announced leaving for brazil today. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

his B3 emu sounds just awesome; he took it apart in 10 minutes and carried it out on his back; jared is a very sturdy young guy. he must spend some time in the weight room or at the gym.

Edited by alocispepraluger102