about BFT 25

Durium

since I upped this thread, Rooster continues to ignore it. I figured that making a flippant comment that he's upping so many other threads, here's another would draw him out, but I can only conclude that he is both shameless and hopeless.

Hopeless because I don't believe he will ever post answers.

Shameless because, all things considered, I don't know who else would screw things up so royally, post a lame "explanation," ("I still haven't sent out all the discs", as if anyone who hasn't received his BFT really cares anymore, and to hell with the people who DID receive it and bother to post their guesses, they can wait some more) STILL never fulfill his obligation, and yet has no problem being an active member of the board. Personally, if I were in his position, I wouldn't show my face until I'd fulfilled my obligations. I'd be too embarassed to.

But that's just me.

To John B and Dan G:

RT said that he'd post by August and if one looks at the Master List, sure enough RT is scheduled to do a second BFT in August.........2007. So have patience. :D

Seriously, I have rarely, if ever, witnessed this kind of inconsiderate behavior in someone who professes to love this music. Normally, generosity and sharing, particularly of information, are attributes that are well manifested among jazz lovers.

Oh well, there's nothing wrong with your thinking Dan. If for any reason I behaved as badly as RT, I too wouldn't show up in any other forum within Organissimo. I think all of us here feel the same way. We're mystified and also somewhat disappointed at the behavior of one of our members.

The Rooster is a friend of mine (and of Spontooneous and Eric as well) and although I don't see him often enough to know all that is going on with him, I did recently ask why he hadn't posted his answers and he assured me he would do so soon. He obviously hasn't yet done so, and I am as mystified as the rest of you as to why. It doesn't seem like such a big deal to simply post the answers, I'm not sure why he hasn't.

I can only ask that we try to cut him yet some more slack, and I will send him an email and try to find out what's going on. He has really been a valuable member going back to the BNBB, and I hate to see him squandering all the "credit" he has earned by screwing up in such an unnecessary way.

I understand that people are pissed and I don't blame them. For his sake I hope we can resolve this soon and we can welcome him back with forgiveness- he's really a pretty nice guy.......

For his sake I hope we can resolve this soon and we can welcome him back with forgiveness- he's really a pretty nice guy.......

Speaking for myself I harbor no ill will towards RT and hope he contributes to the board for years to come. He is a valuable member here and this BFT should in no way cause people to want him to stop posting.

(I still want to read the answers soon, however.)

He obviously had some bad luck all along with his BFT - he was covered up in work when was to send the discs, and so on - shit happens, and when the answers are posted, I won't lose one more word about it. But I want them. If he'd just tell what's the game it would make it easier to stay patient. Just a simple list with only the basic info would be sufficient. Or has he lost his list?

• 2 weeks later...

Face it. We'll have victory in Iraq before we see the answers to this BFT. I feel so justified in not ever having listened to these BFTs when I got them. Since they arrived so very late and I had agreed to make copies for two of my Florida compatriots, I was so disgusted that I simply made one set of copies for one recipient and gave my "originals" to the other guy. Therefore I have no curiosity. While so many of you upheld your end of the bargain by listening attentively and offering your responses, I feel for you. But it's time to just chalk this BFT up to a very bad experience and move on. Time heals all wounds and wounds all heels.

I will post the answers before the end of this (2005) calendar year.

I've gotten more truly ugly PM's about this than I care to mention, or get into the details of. Same with my bungling of the initial distribution.

Let's all just agree to agree that I've been in the wrong in my actions (or inactions) on practically all counts related to this entire mess, and leave it at that.

I'll post the answers within 30 days. Peace. :mellow:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• 2 weeks later...

Here'a an idea: Rooster, if you have the track data saved on your copy of the CD, why not just upload it to CDDB and then folks can access the answers from there?

I inadvertently discovered this method when noj was able to download the tracks from my Christmas BFT which I had saved to CDDB.

• 3 weeks later...

HandStopWatch_copy.jpg

You know, a few days ago - someone privately suggested to me that I just PM the answers only to the people that actually posted guesses about the contents of BFT25.

But his real point was this: that you -- catesta -- have publicly heaped on more shit on me than anyone else, about me posting the answers. And yet, you -- catesta -- made NO effort to even post one guess about anything in BFT25.

So kindly fuck off, catesta. I'll post them when I damn well please (before the end of 2005), and I'd appreciate not hearing one more damn word out of you -- catesta -- about this matter.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Relax RT, I'm just breaking balls.

But since you brought it up.....

I could give a fuck about your answers at this point and never really gave a fuck. I'm only kidding around because you keep setting deadlines for yourself and not sticking to them. Digging yourself in deeper, dig?

And you're right I didn't post my guesses. I didn't post them after you sent me a set of discs, but I had to copy multiple sets and mail back ACROSS the fucking country to Massachusetts when I was in Arizona.

I didn't think that was all too cool.

You complained about lack of time, bullshit little historic house tours and all this other crap, and you still relied on a shit load of us to help copy and distribute. Nobody is that busy. :rolleyes:

Or are they?

Maybe I was just to fucking busy to post guesses to a blinfold test that still to this day has had no conclusion.

I'll post them (my guesses) when I damn well please (before the end of 2006). :beee:

Why don't you PM the answers to just the people that posted guesses? That should only take a matter of minutes.

And, if you really believe that I heaped on more shit than anyone else, maybe you should re-read the posts.

I suggest you learn to laugh about this, I was just having some fun at your expense.

Edited by catesta

So let me get this straight: A bunch of people got a bunch of music for free (in violation of a whole slew of copyright issues, I'm sure) and are pissed off because they don't know what the tracks are?

Mind if I call the whaaaaaa-bulence?

Oh..... well, sure..... I mean, if you look at it THAT way...... :D:D:D:lol::lol::lol: