My Mom died Tuesday.......

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the very kind words...and for everyone who is in the same boat, I truly feel for you, and if I can be of any help, feel free to PM me.

I been working on an eulogy for my Mom(Service is Thursday)Hard to put into words truly how one feels about someone you love so much.

Haven't cried all that much since the day she died, perhaps a defense mechanism. But, trying to write this thing, well now I am back to the way I was the day she died.

Her Brother-in-Law and Nephew are coming in from California, as is her best friend from High school. I feel so bad for my Uncle. His 1st wife died of Pancreatic Cancer in 1985, his only child died of Kidney Cancer last year, and now my Mom, who he has known since she was a 10 year old in 1950. Thank God he remarried and she has children, he is going to be 85 this year....

Hey, been talking about my Mom, might as well see her...this was in 2003 just after she found out she had Cancer and her Nephew Bill came to see her from Cali. Love that he tickled her to get a smile! :D Bill's a great guy, even though he is a liberal, and a lawyer! :P

momandbilly.jpg

Just came to this thread this afternoon...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Conrad.

Sometimes a few deep breaths and long introspective thoughts

help with the healing. During this next few weeks,

you and your family will reminisce with nearly forgotten stories that will resurface

- bringing smiles (and the occasional tears) to all. It is so very cleansing and time

can only help by making everyone stronger.

best to you,

Rod

My belated heartfelt condolences, Conrad, sorry I've been away from the boards for a while.

Your mom may be physically gone, but it sure sounds like the strength of her humanity lives on - in you, and probably many others whose lives she touched and made better.

I haven't been online in about a week, so i just saw this. My condolences to you and your family. My mother went through an 18 month battle with cancer before she passed, and I thought the same thing as you did- she's not suffering anymore. Take good care of your dad.