Blue Note Radio Is Back

JSngry

This just in from the PR geniuses at BN:

For your listening pleasure, we are pleased to announce the return of Blue Note Radio. Since our original version of Blue Note Radio became extinct over one year ago, we have seen a flood of emails, consumer inquiries and requests to bring Blue Note Radio back online. It had always been our goal to revive Blue Note Radio, but it had to be better than it was. A new Blue Note Radio would need to be easy to use, with more features and customization tools and of course great sound. All of this and more has been achieved with our new Blue Note Radio.

With a new look, a new technology partner and new functionality Blue Note Radio delivers free streaming audio of your favorite Blue Note tunes. Classic and current Blue Note artists and songs are represented here. Listeners can choose high or low bandwidth, select artists and songs to hear more often, and can easily purchase and learn more about music heard on Blue Note Radio. Once signed in to Blue Note Radio, you can even listen from more than one computer. Blue Note Radio is only available in the US to PC users.

Blue Note Radio sounds great at home or at work. Sign up is free and easy and Blue Note Radio is accessible from every page on the Blue Note web site.

Sign in, Listen & Enjoy: http://www.BlueNote.com/Radio

Truthfully, I dug the old BN radio. It was like any radio (a surrender of your listening choices to somebody else), only safer, because they covered the whole catalog, old and new (and the whole catalog has come to hold so many labels besides the REAL BN that the variety quotient trended favorable).

Anyway, just thought I'd pass this along in case anybody was interested.

Chow,

Gym

Have it on now and they are playing a new song off the upcoming Terrance Blanchard album (Footprints). Perhaps I should have typed Blandchard - very much of a smoothy jazz feel to it. Too bad ... I was looking forward to this one.

Eric

Edited by Eric

Yeah, that feature is pretty stupid, although I'll bet that you could work around it by closing and restarting the player. Also, even with the "All Classics" option selected nothing changed--I was still hearing Pat Martino and Kurt Elling.

Does anyone know how to get the thing to work on Opera?

Hellyeah--almost a week with the new Blue Note Radio and not one single repeat!!!

:party:

This really is a killer setup. I've customized the hell out of it so far, and it's throwing me deep cuts from Shorter, Herbie, Jackie Mac, Mogie, etc. etc. etc. Just what I want to hear! Only the occasional Norah thrown in for good measure. :rolleyes:

PJ *listening to Maiden Voyage as I type this*

Have it on now and they are playing a new song off the upcoming Terrance Blanchard album (Footprints). Perhaps I should have typed Blandchard - very much of a smoothy jazz feel to it. Too bad ... I was looking forward to this one.

The album's now called Bounce, although from what you say, it might not have much of one...