Lucky Thompson death reported

brownie

Kenny Washington has his dates wrong. It wasn't 1993. We (Johnny Griffin Quartet) were in Seattle at Jazz Alley, May 4-9, 1987. We never worked there again. Lucky came in one night. He was very nice - friendly. Kind of evasive about what he was doing with himself, but seemed happy.

I had to trade about 10 LPs for it, but I got an original copy of Lucky Thompson Plays Jerome Kern and No More. I think it was finally reissued on CD together with another Moodsville? This is a PERFECT record.

Edited by Michael Weiss

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to trade about 10 LPs for it, but I got an original copy of Lucky Thompson Plays Jerome Kern and No More. I think it was finally reissued on CD together with another Moodsville? This is a PERFECT record.

The 1994 CD is titled Lucky Thompson - Happy Days (Prestige PRCD-24144-2). It includes the complete L.T. Plays Jerome Kern And No More (Moodsville 39) and L.T. Plays Happy Days Are Here Again (Prestige 7394) LPs.

One of the items to get before the Fantasy reissue catalogue melts down .....