EKE BBB

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two Australian LPs from the 1960s:

Judy Bailey - My Favourite Things - CBS (Her first LP “You & the Night & the Music” was reissued on LP and CD by Bei! a few years ago and I was hoping this would follow shortly after);

Errol Buddle - The Wind - HMV

Apologies if listed already but Jazz (1963) by the Johnny Griffith Trio:

R-9133449-1546831004-5261.jpeg.jpg

I found out about this through a roundabout way.  I was looking at the Motown Unreleased series and they have two CDs worth of jazz material from 1962 that was unreleased.

There is basically an album's worth of material from the Johnny Griffith Trio on the second volume, and sounds pretty good to me.  I see that Giffith's later album The Geneva Connection (1974) is on iTunes, but this earlier one seems to not have been reissued in any format.  Unfortunate, as I would like to hear it at least once.  Currently, the LP prices (on Discogs) are a bit high, and shipping to Canada is pretty much curtailed anyway, but I'll see if it comes out in another format at some point.

Do let me know if you've heard it and it is worth seeking out.  Thanks.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:00 AM, mikeweil said:

R-4753498-1381694996-4984.jpeg.jpg

Cedar Walton's solo piano album on Clean Cuts. I really would like to hear that one.

Mike, your post prompted me to pull that LP from the shelf.  I'm listening to it now.  If you're a fan of Cedar Walton's music, it would definitely be worth your effort to track down the LP.  It's lovely, Sunday-afternoon jazz. I'd give it a rock-solid four stars outta five.

Edited by HutchFan

9 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Speaking of Cedar Walton, I don't think his 1976 Muse LP Firm Roots has ever been reissued:

R-1745309-1335917869.jpeg.jpg

One note: Three of the six cuts from this LP appeared on the 32 Jazz CD reissue of Sam Jones' Something in Common. But the other three cuts are in analog-only limbo.

Acc. to Tom Lord  this LP was recorded in April 1974 Muse MR 5059 (have it) and reissued on CD Camden De-Luxe 910742. Correct is also the reissue of parts on the "32 Jazz" CD # 32217

54 minutes ago, jazzcorner said:

Acc. to Tom Lord  this LP was recorded in April 1974 Muse MR 5059 (have it) and reissued on CD Camden De-Luxe 910742. Correct is also the reissue of parts on the "32 Jazz" CD # 32217

If I'm not mistaken, this Camden compilation contains only two titles from Firm Roots: Firm Roots and Shoulders.

0002602184.jpg

5 hours ago, sonnymax said:

If I'm not mistaken, this Camden compilation contains only two titles from Firm Roots: Firm Roots and houlders.

Re Cedar Walton LP ----> Lords has all tracks listed for that Camden-CD. Cannot prove it because I have oly the LP with a total of 6 tracks.

My Lord disc   has also mentioned  3 tracks [out of 6 LP tracks] for the "32 Jazz" CD. Thats all i have documented here.

On 8/14/2005 at 9:54 AM, J.A.W. said:

Several Vanguard, Mercury, Riverside and Pacific Jazz LPs:

Dave Burns - Dave Burns - Vanguard

Dave Burns - Warming Up - Vanguard

Bill English - Bill English - Vanguard

Billy Mitchell - A Little Juicy - Mercury

Ron Jefferson - Love Lifted Me - Pacific Jazz

Lennie McBrowne - Lennie McBrowne & the Four Souls - Pacific Jazz

Lennie McBrowne - Eastern Lights - Riverside

I still can't quite believe that the two Dave Burns Vanguard LPs have never been on CD in any form, even in some Andorran configuration. Is that really true?

30 minutes ago, colinmce said:

I still can't quite believe that the two Dave Burns Vanguard LPs have never been on CD in any form, even in some Andorran configuration. Is that really true?

It looks like those two LPs are on Amazon Music as downloads, about half the tracks are available on Spotify but not on iTunes as far as I can tell.  I haven't seen the sessions on CD (so far).

59 minutes ago, colinmce said:

I posted that list 15 years ago and in the meantime some of thiose albums have been reissued by Fresh Sound, but might be OOP by now.

• 1 month later...