WORLD CUP 2006 / GERMANY

HENRY was central to the french tactic, yesterday.

He created that night some of the best "red herring" (another terms to call it) that I've seen in football match since a long time.

By the way he plays, he mesmerized the entire Spanish defense and particularly, PUYO and make the night of the spanish defenser a pure nightmare.

Two terrible example of what I'm spaeking.

The passed from VIEIRA to RIBERY for the equalizer (same schema, than the qualifiying goal score by the Barça against Milano) was only possible because PUYOL has seen that HENRY was by far in outside position and, him, PUYOL, was ABSOLUTELY shure to tackle VIEIRA with success, if if the french try to dribbled him. But he and his mates didn't see (or really care) for RIBERY comming in their back.

PUYOL has never recovered after that.

On the second goal, he makes a ftoul because, obsessed by HENRY he DIDN'T LOOK FOR THE BALL but try to make an obstruction against the french that he hits in the chest with his elbow).

To obtain this fault was the rason that HENRY was going right to his back.

If PUYOL has tried to play the ball, HENRY would have hurt him in the back and the referee would have give the free kick to PUYOL.

As simple as that.

But the the worst was to come to the poor PUYOL.

On the free kick BECAUSE, surely, he is still upset by the fault that he has done (and maybe because HENRY was in his back), he tries tu cut the ball short but it was HIM who was TOO short.

Unable to hit the ball properly he had only TOUCH it by the back of his head to give it the few yards that the ball needed to be REALLY DANGEROUS.

After that the ball has been touch by another spanish certainly surpriwse by the trajectory gives suddenly to the ball, it arrives to VIEIRA, the tallest players on the field.

You know the end of the story.

BUT the DRAMA of PUYOL continued.

The match was already winning by FRANCE, but anyway, who knows?

When ZIDANE receives the ball on the nearly final counter-attack, who was triying to stop him? PUYOL the sole spanish who could do it.

Two possibilities for ZIDANE who COULD NOT GIVE THE BALL to his two partners because he wasn't sure if they was onside. Going on the left side and try to win his DUEL by running quicker than PUYOL.

But ZIDANE can't do this anymore. Or taking PUYOL by THE INSIDE.

What was only possible if PUYOL, try to tackled ZIDANE.

The French waited few very short seconds to judge the situation and when he sees PUYOL going for the tackle, he made his "driblbe" to the inside who put PUYOL on his ass and, after positionning him right in front of the goal, shootd to crucified CASILLAS before than another defensor tackle him.

A piece of clever defence should have been to push ZIDANE as far as possible on the OUTSIDE without attacking him, just to stand on his feet to shut him the road to the goal by his sole PRESENCE.

Then when AND ONLY WHEN it would have been impossible for ZIDANE to shoot, trying to tackle him good.

If you want to see a constently good defending from strart to end in this match look at the performance of WILLY SAGNOL.

Perfect from start to the end.

And, by the way, the FRENCH team has deserve his win, sorry to the spanish member of the board.

I suppose no one of you will be surprised if i tell you that I'm particularly happy with this situation.

Sorry again for the lecture.

Edited by P.L.M

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cesc was playing for France he'd have sent Henry through for a couple chances at goal.

Wasn't he playing for France yesterday? I think I saw him.

He was playing, only for SPAIN. They are teammates at Arsenal and Cesc has a better understanding of Henry than his French teammates.

God God! A national emergency of epic proportion!! Throw them out of the country before they drink up the brew slated for export and we're left with nothing over here!!! :o

From Mirror.co.uk:

28 June 2006

BEER WE GO

Germans fear we are going to drink them dry

By Jeremy Armstrong

ENGLAND's massive army of World Cup fans is drinking Germany dry, it emerged yesterday.

Breweries warned beer could run out before the final because of huge demand from our supporters.

In Nuremberg, organisers revealed 70,000 England fans who flooded the city drank 1.2 MILLION pints of beer - an average of 17 pints each. Astonished bar keeper Herrmann Murr said: "Never have I seen so many drink so much in such little time." His bar at a fans' tent in the city ran out after they drained all 32 of his 50-litre (11 gallon) barrels. Herr Murr calculated Britons were shifting beer at a staggering rate of 200 pints per minute. City official Peter Murrmann said: "The English proved themselves world champs. They practically drank us dry."

In Cologne, where England drew with Sweden, bottles and barrels of the local Kolsch beer ran out because so many English took them to campsites and parties.

Stuttgart bar chiefs said an extra 900,000 pints were sunk last weekend where 60,000 fans partied before and after our 1-0 win over Ecuador.

The Veltins brewery also revealed it has produced a record 418,000 gallons in a bid to keep up with demand.

A spokesman said: "It is incredible how much is being drunk but the hardest thing for the breweries is keeping up with the thirst of the English."

In Dortmund, where most fans for England's Gelsenkirchen clash against Portugal on Saturday are staying, the giant DAB brewery is bracing itself by ferrying in extra supplies to boost production.

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

HENRY was central to the french tactic, yesterday.

He created that night some of the best "red herring" (another terms to call it) that I've seen in football match since a long time.

Yes, I agree. I should have mentioned it in my previous post, but there were a number of times when I thought Henry was being used practically as a "decoy". My complaints about his getting caught offside so often overlooked the fact that he was constantly drawing attention to himself this way. I also noticed that he was mostly doing this on the flanks, eventually allowing other players to run directly into the middle of the spanish defense.

If Cesc was playing for France he'd have sent Henry through for a couple chances at goal.

Wasn't he playing for France yesterday? I think I saw him.

He was playing, only for SPAIN. They are teammates at Arsenal and Cesc has a better understanding of Henry than his French teammates.

Heh heh heh :blush:

You're right, of course. Stoopid me...

God God! A national emergency of epic proportion!! Throw them out of the country before they drink up the brew slated for export and we're left with nothing over here!!! :o

From Mirror.co.uk:

28 June 2006

BEER WE GO

By Jeremy Armstrong

ENGLAND's massive army of World Cup fans is drinking Germany dry, it emerged yesterday.

Breweries warned beer could run out before the final because of huge demand from our supporters.

In Nuremberg, organisers revealed 70,000 England fans who flooded the city drank 1.2 MILLION pints of beer - an average of 17 pints each. Astonished bar keeper Herrmann Murr said: "Never have I seen so many drink so much in such little time." His bar at a fans' tent in the city ran out after they drained all 32 of his 50-litre (11 gallon) barrels. Herr Murr calculated Britons were shifting beer at a staggering rate of 200 pints per minute. City official Peter Murrmann said: "The English proved themselves world champs. They practically drank us dry."

In Cologne, where England drew with Sweden, bottles and barrels of the local Kolsch beer ran out because so many English took them to campsites and parties.

Stuttgart bar chiefs said an extra 900,000 pints were sunk last weekend where 60,000 fans partied before and after our 1-0 win over Ecuador.

The Veltins brewery also revealed it has produced a record 418,000 gallons in a bid to keep up with demand.

A spokesman said: "It is incredible how much is being drunk but the hardest thing for the breweries is keeping up with the thirst of the English."

In Dortmund, where most fans for England's Gelsenkirchen clash against Portugal on Saturday are staying, the giant DAB brewery is bracing itself by ferrying in extra supplies to boost production.

Bleedin' arseholes.

MG

From Mirror.co.uk:

28 June 2006

BEER WE GO

By Jeremy Armstrong

Bleedin' arseholes.

MG

Seconded..

Where does this bunch of 'forever on tour' delinquents get their money and perpetual time off work from anyway?

This place is pleasantly quieter without them. ;)

ok, i thought Spain would knock us out but surprisingly we won the game.

now we have to deal with the yellow team and it's gonna be a tough game. Brazil has the pression and people here started talking about revenge after 1998. they still don't accept their defeat

i'm still not confortable with the french team and having Trezeguet on the bench but the joy and communion the players showed after scoring the second goal maybe indicates that their attitude is changing and they are becoming a group and a football team. hopefully Henry will start the competition on saturday and Zidane will deliver some caviars

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaallez les Bleus!!!

Marcus Oliveira

From Mirror.co.uk:

28 June 2006

BEER WE GO

By Jeremy Armstrong

Bleedin' arseholes.

MG

Seconded..

Where does this bunch of 'forever on tour' delinquents get their money and perpetual time off work from anyway?

This place is pleasantly quieter without them. ;)

That's a good question and pretty amazing that you could drink some cities dry. I guess they never heard of going to the gym.

I could have made - more by luck than judgement, as ever with such bets - a hell of a lot of money on an accumulator on the second round matches, if it wasn't for that diabolical Switzerland Ukraine game, which I'd chalked up to the Swiss :) . Oh well!

Can not WAIT for tomorrow's first game. Game of the tournament so far (on paper).

I could have made - more by luck than judgement, as ever with such bets - a hell of a lot of money on an accumulator on the second round matches, if it wasn't for that diabolical Switzerland Ukraine game, which I'd chalked up to the Swiss :) . Oh well!

Console yourself with the knowledge that you bested me (I had the Dutch and the Swiss going through). ;) At least my scenario for the final (Germany/Brazil) is still possible...

Can not WAIT for tomorrow's first game. Game of the tournament so far (on paper).

I can't wait either... but if Germany don't pull off the upset, the aforementioned scenario will quickly become a rather obsolete notion. ^_^

YOU NOT SAY UKRAINE IS WEAK!!!!

...or Dmitry will call on his friends Vladimir and Vitali!

vitalijawladimirk.jpg

...or Dmitry will call on his friends Vladimir and Vitali!

vitalijawladimirk.jpg

nikolai_valuev.jpg

Yeah, you and whose army? ;)

p.s. Not sure if the Ukraine were weak, so much as dull the other night. I do think they'll be better against Italy, FWIW :) !

ok, i thought Spain would knock us out but surprisingly we won the game.

Not so surprisingly, by the way.

when you know and feel a bit about football, you could smell it floating in the air.

i'm still not confortable with the french team

Don't be. They want you to suffer for all the stoooooopid things you have write on them.

hopefully Henry will start the competition on saturday and Zidane will deliver some caviars

It never works that way, so let's hope for the reverse: HENRY delivering some caviars to ZIDANE.

And by the way you was, not long ago, so terribly ANGRY by the fact that ZIDANE was on the team, if I remember well?

Changing your mind, suddenly?

And, please don't watch the match. You will bring bad luck to your so-called FAVORITE TEAM! Let us tell you the story later.

It will work better that way.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS !!!!!!!!!!! (but without your pathetic support, please).

Edited by P.L.M

Naked protest in Brazil

Three men have staged a naked protest in Brazil - against football.

651048.jpg

They walked round the city naked while locals watched Brazil's match against Ghana.

The men staged their protest as they disagree with how "the whole country stops to watch the football matches at the World Cup but meanwhile the enourmous problems Brazil has in lack of education and health keep getting stronger."

A local police spokesperson said: "Someone called us to check this out but it was not a violent crime and we were watching the match so we decided not to do anything about it.

"They only wanted to get attention, but they couldn't even get this as everyone was watching the match."

Quarterfinal 1: Germany 0, Argentina 0, with about 5 minutes left in the first half. An entertaining, but slightly disappointing game so far. Both midfields are underachieving, playing too slow and creating very few chances. Argentina are a bit better in my view.

Edited by J.A.W.