60G ipod questions

Soul Stream

O.K...love my ipod to death but am tired of loading and unloading the BN catalog in order to fit onto my 15G.

Thinking about getting the new color 60G model. One question....

I have a Compaq Presario with 80G hard drive. If I start loading 60G worth of songs into itunes won't it crash my computer???

• 3 weeks later...

O.K...love my ipod to death but am tired of loading and unloading the BN catalog in order to fit onto my 15G. 

Thinking about getting the new color 60G model.  One question....

I have a Compaq Presario with 80G hard drive.  If I start loading 60G worth of songs into itunes won't it crash my computer???

I would get an external hard drive. Capacities in the range of 120G-160G are reasonably priced these days.

Yeah, the external hard drives are stand alone appliances with their own power. You connect the drive to your PC over USB. It will just show up as another drive letter under My Computer. Then you use it as any other disk drive. If you get a sufficiently bigger one, you can use it to backup your internal drive as well in addition to your extra itunes storage. ( I am making a big assumption here that ITunes will not have any problem in storing stuff on another drive ).

I don't keep the music on my Ipod on my pc so there is no storage problems (on the other hand if my Ipod crashes I might have a heart attack.

That is just disaster waiting to happen Daniel. Especially the non-flash iPods have failure rates similar to other disk drives. But even before that, you could simply lose your iPod or get it crushed under the weight of a heavy-set neighbor... :)