Six Feet Under

I thought the ending was brilliant. I won't give anything away, but I wonder how my fellow posters saw it.

I really dug the series a lot and enjoyed the last episode.. I also am in mourning.. I'm really going to miss the Fishers & all the brilliantly developed characters and stories.. HUGE Kudos to Alan Ball & the entire staff of the show! :tup

BIG NEWS: EVERYBODY'S GONNA DIE.

I thought the ending was a bit cheesy - providing some kind of closure-to-the-max I guess. And, except for Keith, it appeared that most lived to ripe old ages, not straying very far at all from usual ideal death circumstances...

I would have found it more enjoyable if the show had ended 10-15 minutes earlier.

I liked the subtleties, like Keith's oldest adopted son having turned out to be gay. I missed it the first time around, but he is holding hands with an Asian man at one of the funerals. I also thought the aging makeup was good, and I loved that long, straight road through the desert.

Never saw the show, but after hearing all the hoopla upon it's demise it makes me want to see it. Might be a nice DVD thing. That's how I got hooked on the Sopranos.

...what is it about HBO? How come they have ALL the interesting T.V.? I mean, foul language and violence are just byproducts of some of the great shows they have, not the reason they're so great. When are the networks going to wake up and create instead of recycle and emulate?

Never saw the show, but after hearing all the hoopla upon it's demise it makes me want to see it.  Might be a nice DVD thing.  That's how I got hooked on the Sopranos.

...what is it about HBO?  How come they have ALL the interesting T.V.?  I mean, foul language and violence are just byproducts of some of the great shows they have, not the reason they're so great.  When are the networks going to wake up and create instead of recycle and emulate?

Well, F/X has The Shield. But they are another cable channel, not a network. Whenever networks get anything good lately, they make sure to kill it after only one season or less. Freaks & Geeks, The Job, Undeclared... The networks are a joke.