Worst guitar solo EVER.

Brandon Burke

Drove to San Jose today to drop off/pick up some transcription discs we farmed out to an audio guy down there.  Among the things heard on the radio was "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes.  :tdown

Talk about not being "greazzzzy"...

I don't think Yes (even the '80s version) ever aspired to be greazzzzy.

The solos that came so close to making buy a high powered rifle and climbing a tower 20 years were "Hot Blooded" by Foreigner and some (take your pick) awful song by Toto. There were others by Triumph, Styx, .38 Special and the like too. What a horrid time to be alive and not have complete control over the music playing!

The last time I lived in a house with cable was when Bryan Adams "Cuts Like A Knife" was on MTV 24/7. That one is so bad it's almost funny.

Guest akanalog

i was just in utah and while at an alpine slide thought i heard owner of a lonely heart on the radio and i kind of liked the solo. it was like wannabe adrian belew-style. from what i could hear from the tinny speakers way in the distance piping out the tune in question.

Drove to San Jose today to drop off/pick up some transcription discs we farmed out to an audio guy down there.  Among the things heard on the radio was "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes.  :tdown

Talk about not being "greazzzzy"...

I don't think Yes (even the '80s version) ever aspired to be greazzzzy.

Not sure about greazzzzy but the guitar intro to "Siberian Khatru" is kinda funky.

Guy

I'd nominate anything from those cheesy "heavy metal" bands of the 80s, the groups with all the big hair that dominated radio and mtv back then. I heard a song by an awful group named Tesla a couple days ago that made me laugh it was so bad. I walked into the room during the solo and I thought to myself, "is this guy trying to teach himself cliches here?"

Off the top of my head, I'll have to go with Mick Mars of Motley Crue - they all suck, but Smokin' in the Boys Room probably takes the prize.

Just thought of another good/bad one: Can't Get Enough of Your Love, by Bad Company. Next time you hear it, check out the "harmonized" string bends at the end of the solo. YEEOUCH! :o

Edited by Joe G