Your next Mosaic set

In light of the long list of future releases, I must ask you this question: What will be your next purchase from Mosaic??? Or maybe you plan to buy another set and not one of the future releases???

I am waiting for two of the new releases: Charles Tolliver and Oliver Nelson. What about you???

money-stacked.jpg

Edited by B. Goren.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to limit my expenses to max 2 Mosaic's for the rest of 2005 and one will be definetely the Crusaders Set as a Christmas present for myself.

My credo: You need to be good to yourself...

For the second one, I currently checking to buy one of the Selects, either Dizzy Reece or the Andrew Hill set, both on the short list. The Oliver Nelson is a maybe as I’m not really sure if that adds any value to my collection.

Cheers, Tjobbe

I really want the Farmer/Golson/Jazztet set, but the two times that I purchased more recently released sets I was rewarded soon after with older sets that I wanted being added to the running low/last chance list.

Of the older sets, the Max Roach set is probably furthest up the queue.

I'm trying to guess ahead what might be the next OOP Mosaic. I already have the Roach so I just picked up the Johnny Hodges -- set #4667 (out of, I think, a 7500 run). Looks like the Hodges might get past the 5000 mark at least!! Love the Hodges set! :tup:tup

As for the future, the Jazz Crusaders might be next -- although I may have to look at the list again and try to envision what might go OOP down the line! :wacko:

Have to say I cheated... I called them and begged to take my pre-order... :excited::excited::excited:

I've actually called and placed an order for that ever elusive, found in a dead guy's closet, acetate Diz, Miles, Trane, Monk, McCoy, Lee Morgan, Oscar Peterson, Art Blakey jam session...

:excited::party::party:

I was even told there was only 2 left... (Never even made it to last chance... !!!! )

And already pre-ordered the PJ Trio and Tolliver Selects...

They're already taking preorders for those??? :blink: DAMN! I wonder if they'd take my preorder for that Quartet Out set they haven't even thought of yet? :huh:

For me, it will be the:

PJ Trios

Tolliver

Oliver Nelson

Chu Berry (the one must for me)

Sidney Bechet

Mulligan

As far as the older sets, I've already gotten what I wanted except for the Eldridge and the Basie.

Edited by Brad