God I hope this story is overblown right now!!!

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, I'm sure the number of idiots who could have left but didn't is non-negligible.

Guy

I dunno if you've ever seen an evacuation-related traffic jam, Guy, but I sure as hell have (going in the other direction before Andrew, no less, talk about surreal), and believe me, sitting in 100+ miles of bumper-to-bumper traffic can seem just as scary as staying home when the hurricane is only hours away.

Bush has zero tolerance for people taking water, food, or clothing to survive.

---quote during his interview with Diane Sawyer this morning.

Take it to the political forum dude.

No. This isn't politics. You explain our president's attitude to me.

"Explaining our president's attitude" requires a political response. We have a forum for this sort of discussion. You can look for someone there to explain it to you.

Bush has zero tolerance for people taking water, food, or clothing to survive.

---quote during his interview with Diane Sawyer this morning.

Take it to the political forum dude.

No. This isn't politics. You explain our president's attitude to me.

"Explaining our president's attitude" requires a political response. We have a forum for this sort of discussion. You can look for someone there to explain it to you.

No thanks.

Holy fuck, they're reporting on CNN (live, haven't looked on CNN.com yet), that after only letting 5,000 people into the Astro Dome -- that they are now turning people away, and sending the busses elsewhere (though no specific "elsewhere" appears to have been designated, far as anyone can tell at this point).

Every media report I've seen says that they were planning to house something like 20,000 people in the Astro Dome. And they barely have 5,000 -- and now the "No Vacancy" sign is already out???

WTF!!!!!??????????? :angry::angry::angry:

Edit: From CNN.com (no story yet, just this)...

> BREAKING NEWS Officials at the Astrodome in Houston, Texas, say the facility is full and cannot accept any more New Orleans hurricane refugees.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Holy fuck, they're reporting on CNN (live, haven't looked on CNN.com yet), that after only letting 5,000 people into the Astro Dome -- that they are now turning people away, and sending the busses elsewhere (though no specific "elsewhere" appears to have been designated, far as anyone can tell at this point).

Every media report I've seen says that they were planning to house something like 20,000 people in the Astro Dome.  And they barely have 5,000 -- and now the "No Vacancy" sign is already out???

WTF!!!!!???????????  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

These people cannot catch a break! :( I saw the footage from inside the Astrodome, they only have people on cots on the field...people would rather be in chairs even as long as they could be in air conditioning, get a shower, food water....Fuck. Where can they go now???

We're now in Chicago, safe and sound, and all of my family and close friends are accounted for, many by text messaging (our 504 area code cell phones are still useless).

I saw a satellite photo of my neighborhood today and confirmed that our house is under water. At this point, I couldn't care less. I really don't even feel like a victim of this catastrophe. We got out early and have been comfortable and safe ever since. We have places to stay and many offers of help. Now, we're more like all of you, watching this unspeakable horror from a distance.

The victims are the people left to die by the only entity with the power to save them. And the city itself. We are sick to our stomachs from watching our hometown and thousands of its citizens die slow deaths from drowning and thirst.

Anyone see this National Geographic story??? Read it! :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0410/feature5/

Yup, read it last October. Uncanny eh? Let's hope the death total is lower than in the simulation.

As a wise man once said, word!

I forgot to mention before, but I am glad to hear that most everyone here has heard from loved ones in the region, we all need some good news!

The more ass kicking the better as far as I'm concerned.  This is what happens when you have incompetent liberal politicians in control.  That Mayor should get his ass kicked out of office for good.

OK, well, now you're just trying to get a rise making statements like that.

I'm expecting next: "Let's go whoop us some ass - Yeeeeeeee-Hah!!"

Hard to take anything you say seriously really...

I'm actually hearing people blaming the people who stayed because they had no way out for not leaving anyway. :blink::blink::blink:

I'm also hearing people claim that the media is exaggerating the severity of the situation. :blink::blink::blink:

These people all have one thing in common, but since this is a non-political thread, I can't/won't tell you what it is. But if you're that hardcore, hell, your soul is dead.