organissimo does New York City!!

GregN

By the way, to our New York friends.  How hard would it be to pull a 5 by 8 enclosed trailor thru the city to the village. And to park it?

g

Getting the trailer in and around NYC is the easy part. Parking is going to be the issue.

So, maybe a big van would be better. Is parking any better on Sundays?

g

Oh yes, much better.

You might have to park in another neighborhood south or east. Kenny's is in a busy neighborhood. Once you unload, I can help look for a spot.

I'm not saying it will be impossible to find a spot near the club, but there are options.

Edited by 7/4

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

I am sure you have thought of this already, but I would ask the club owners about parking and maybe what kind of vehicle is best- I would think they would have experience to advise you.

That location, yes it is in the heart of the Village, the streets can get very packed any day or any time of the week and NYC has lots parking restrictions and they can be different for every street. Street fairs and parades - we do have them in the fall, can add to the complications.

Also, do not underestimate NYC's ability to have a traffic jam, any time any place, so give yourself a lot of extra time.

Wish it weren't Sunday night, but I am looking forward to seeing you guys play.

Edited by skeith

What's better?  Parking on Sundays or parking a big van?

Sorry. Parking a big van is easier than a trailer.

I guess you guys have another thing coming. In New York City, you gotta walk a lot. If drive a car anywhere you want to go in the city, plan on parking a ways from where the place is that you are going to. And that's just for a sedan. You gotta be quick driving in NYC! No wimpy guys! Wiggle in n' out of those crappy drivers, and the big gigantic buses, oh I bet you can't wait!!!!

There's big vans all over the place. A trailer??? Good luck!

Ain't no walking with a 425lbs Hammond B3.  We have to be able to pull up to the club and unload.  That's all there is to it.

You need somebody to be with the car at all times and ready to move it. You most likely will have to double park or pull into an illegal space (i.e fire hydrant, etc). So be ready to get the Hammond out in a rush while somebody is available to move the car if necessary. Unloading is a drag in the City. Give yourself a lot of time upfront. Finding a space on the street in the village isn't impossible, but it's time consuming and requires going around the block - or a couple of blocks - repeatedly. It's a lot easier (but more expensive) to unload and find a lot.

I'm going to to try and make the set if posible.

Why dont you guys just have the club owner keep an open space in front of the club..

Greg, make a call to the club and find out what they say about the parking and load in logistics..

Already did Randy. Pretty much consistent with what is being said here.

You can do it, just give yourselves time.

g

• 3 weeks later...