organissimo does New York City!!

GregN

Yup--jonesin' hard to get back east--I'll be in NYC Sunday through Monday, Philly the rest of the time. Will you be around? It doesn't look there's a lot of music that weekend, oddly, other than George Cables @ Lincoln Center, who I saw in Seattle last week! :D

Come on, Greg, please get something on the books for NYC or Philly October 22-24!!!

Peter, I take you're going to be around at that time?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup--jonesin' hard to get back east--I'll be in NYC Sunday through Monday, Philly the rest of the time.  Will you be around?  It doesn't look there's a lot of music that weekend, oddly, other than George Cables @ Lincoln Center, who I saw in Seattle last week!  :D

Come on, Greg, please get something on the books for NYC or Philly October 22-24!!!

Peter, I take you're going to be around at that time?

Yeah, I'll be here.

I've got some friends visiting from Phoenix that weekend. So more than likely we will be in Manhattan.

I'm still going to make the gig.

Probably not a lot of time for socializing after the show since it's late on a Sunday, so it might be cool to hang a little before.

I'm wondering if anyone has plans for a drink or two somewhere close by

before the show?

I'd like to make it and get there early for the hang. Any suggestions? Dinner?

Today's NY Times blurb:

ORGANISSIMO (Sunday) This Michigan-based organ trio resurrects the sound of 1960's soul jazz but with a touch less grit and grease; the members appear here in support of a likeable new album, "This is the Place" (Big O). 10:45 p.m., Kenny's Castaways, 157 Bleecker Street, West Village, (212) 979-9762; call for cover.

(Chinen)

Today's NY Times blurb:

ORGANISSIMO (Sunday) This Michigan-based organ trio resurrects the sound of 1960's soul jazz but with a touch less grit and grease; the members appear here in support of a likeable new album, "This is the Place" (Big O). 10:45 p.m., Kenny's Castaways, 157 Bleecker Street, West Village, (212) 979-9762; call for cover.

(Chinen)

I figure that's gotta be big in getting folks there for a one-off with a new band. :tup

Yeah, typing on a cell sucks. We're in NYC now and I'm staying at a friend's with a REAL computer and internet access! Woohoo!!!

We got into NYC at about 5:30pm and it took another hour and a half to find a lot that would accept our big-ass cargo van (what a drag that was). But we made it, that's what counts.

Randy is staying in the village with an old friend. Tonight we went to an amazing Turkish restaurant, complete with a live belly-dancer (who tried to get me to dance with her... I'm not shy of the stage, but dancin' ain't my thing, honey... sorry) and then went to see Dave Stryker and Steve Slagel (with Victor Lewis on drums) at the Jazz Standard. Great show!

We're looking forward to hanging out tomorrow and doing the hit tomorrow night! Should be a great time!

Probably not a lot of time for socializing after the show since it's late on a Sunday, so it might be cool to hang a little before.

before the show?

Have any ideas taken shape? We don't have to load in until an hour before the hit, so there's plenty of time to hang out - which I would certainly enjoy.

Yeah, typing on a cell sucks.  We're in NYC now and I'm staying at a friend's with a REAL computer and internet access!  Woohoo!!!

We got into NYC at about 5:30pm and it took another hour and a half to find a lot that would accept our big-ass cargo van (what a drag that was).  But we made it, that's what counts.

Randy is staying in the village with an old friend.  Tonight we went to an amazing Turkish restaurant, complete with a live belly-dancer (who tried to get me to dance with her... I'm not shy of the stage, but dancin' ain't my thing, honey... sorry) and then went to see Dave Stryker and Steve Slagel (with Victor Lewis on drums) at the Jazz Standard.  Great show!

We're looking forward to hanging out tomorrow and doing the hit tomorrow night!  Should be a great time!

Is Joe sleeping in the van?

I thought you guys had suites booked at the Waldorf or something. ;)

before the show?

Have any ideas taken shape? We don't have to load in until an hour before the hit, so there's plenty of time to hang out - which I would certainly enjoy.

I don't know the west village area well enough to pick a spot. I sent an email to maren and will probably call her later on. At one time she said she was going for sure, but I've not heard from her since.

Edited by catesta