Are there problems with the webserver?

Claude

Did you have connection problems today?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so everyone knows, we've been having wicked thunderstorms all across Michigan this month. Especially the past two weeks. It seems like some part of Michigan gets at least one per day. I saw the whether on the local 6pm news and there was a storm right around Ann Arbor (where the servers for this website are located). If the power goes out, this board goes down. That's all there is to it. The company who hosts the site has battery backups, but they don't keep the computer running during a power outtage, they just give the guys time to shut the computers down.

Know what I mean?

I seem to have run into a new wrinkle today. For some reason, although I can post on other threads, I couldn't post on the "Favorite Saxophone Ballad" thread. After clicking on "new reply", the normal page for posting came up, but the page was truncated (cut off just above the post icons) so that I couldn't see the "add reply" and "preview post" buttons. In addition, the space where you type in your message contained about 30 or 40 lines of computer code. :wacko: Weird. I tried several times to return to the thread after I had posted elsewhere, but the same thing kept occurring.

• 2 weeks later...