Are there problems with the webserver?

Claude

Did you have connection problems today?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was really weird. It seemed to go down while I was here, and with a little work, I could actually get around. But I noticed there were only four or five names on the active list at the time. Finally it booted me out for good until a short time ago. Pretty annoying, but whatcha gonna do?

I'll ask my admin about this and see if he's aware of the problem and if they plan on fixing it. If he can't or won't or doesn't care I don't know what to say. I pay $6 a month for this site and all it's contents which is pretty darn cheap in the land of the internet. I don't think I could afford much more and I'd really rather not charge you guys an access fee! :)

Tell you all what: If we make it big and start making some decent money I'll upgrade to a better host. Ok?

This new internet worm *should* not create problems for webservers (unlike previous worms), because it targets home computers (running Windows NT4, 2000 or XP) that have network ports 135 and 139 open to the internet. This can be prevented with a firewall and should not be a problem with wellconfigured webservers.

However, everyone running one of these Windows versions should install the Microsoft patch, because the vulnerability is only possible because of a bug.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp

This worm is really spreading dangerously, several hundred thousand computers worldwide have already been infected. The virus causes the PC to reboot when going online and scans whole internet IP ranges to try to infect other PCs.

Ive got this on my computer at home & its a NIGTMARE trying to get rid of it.

I'd advise everybody with XP to download the patch for it.

I had great fun for 4 hours last night trying to fix it & just watching my computer reboot arter a couple of minutes on the web.

Even i was surprised at the variety of swear words i managed to conjure up!