member: Chicken Shack

Soul Stream

After the "Mosaic" B.S., Should B3-er reveal who Chicken Shack is?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*sigh*

There is already a thread open to discuss this matter. B3-er and I are waiting until we hear from this guy. If he doesn't respond then I'll tell you who he is and just ban him for being dumb.

Don't flip out if this thread is Doomed very soon. You can take comments here:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...t=ST&f=7&t=2177

I'd like to know, and leave it up to B-3er to decide wheter or not this person should be "punished". After all it WAS just a harmless joke...a VERY CRUEL and NON-FUNNY joke, but a harmless joke all the same.

Sure it's "harmless." Only a few people called Mosaic first thing this morning (I wasn't one of them). It's just that the intent of it was a little malicious (going so far as posting it on 2 different threads). People ought to be responsible for what they do. If a member in good standing made a little joke, and it's gone out of control... come out and say so.

But to say it's "harmless." Well, I'm sure the people who fell for it and called Mosaic may not feel that way. To chaulk the reaction up as "greed," as some have...well, I'm sure that most of the people who'd like that Young mosaic for the pure listening pleasure.

I saw this as the hoax it was from the minute I saw it. So my motivation isn't tied to that. I just feel that a cyber community works best when there is a level playing field.

It would've been a simple prank if the guy had just posted as Chicken Shack and left it alone. But he didn't. He responded to his own joke as another member in order to egg the conversation on.

If you want to talk to yourself, do so in the privacy of your own home, not here.

Well, for those that do care, at least the list of suspects is limited... :D

Most users ever online was 46 on Jul 8 2003, 01:08 PM

Wonder if the latest 'controversy' might have something to do with this?

Hmmm.... Isn't b3-er from "back East"? It's all adding up now. Start a big flack, more people looking at the site.... ;):D

Hmmm.... Isn't b3-er from "back East"? It's all adding up now. Start a big flack, more people looking at the site.... ;):D

I guess living in East Lansing qualifies as being somewhere "back East." :rolleyes:

I guess living in East Lansing qualifies as being somewhere "back East." :rolleyes:

Hey, for me, anything past Barstow is "back East"! :lol:

It's up to Jim.

The post was a sort of a joke, not funny imo, but what irritates me is that this is a generally a place for decent discussion, Jim shouldn't have to spend his time messing around dealing with this nonsense.

It's up to Jim.

The post was a sort of a joke, not funny imo, but what irritates me is that this is a generally a place for decent discussion, Jim shouldn't have to spend his time messing around dealing with this nonsense.

If the post was a joke, then why hasn't the joker made himself evident? "Hey, it was all a joke guys!" :D

However, I think it was less of a joke and more of a prank. Jokes, even bad ones have a harmless intent. Pranks, on the other hand, show a certain disrespect and malicious behaviour.

I consider many on this board "friends." And I just don't dig it when people hurt other people for fun.

That's my take on the whole thing. At this point, I will say it's taken on a little bit too much importance. In the end who cares. The other day my car was egged. I was out of town and the eggs baked in 100 degree heat for 2 days. I could hardly get it off with a power sprayer. That was a prank, not a joke. To the person who did it, it was funny. It wasn't so funny to me trying to get that stuff off. And I'm sure it wasn't so funny to those 3 or 4 people calling Mosaic on Monday morning.

With that, I'll forget about it and move on.... :rolleyes::D

It was not me. I barely have the time to log on as myself, much less create multiple identities and try to mess with everyone.

Since I emailed the guy two days ago and he hasn't responded nor posted since then, I think I'll just let the cat out of the bag. Here's the last clue (and this should solve it for everyone):

Coltrane's Blue Train.

B)

Here's the last clue (and this should solve it for everyone):

Coltrane's Blue Train.

It's Rudy Van Gelder!? :o

Surely he has better things to do with his time. Somebody, quick, give him some more tapes to master!

;)

Guest Chaney

BLP 1577

Group: Members

Member No.: 365

I'm at least glad that it wasn't a long time member (or former BNBB member).

A misguided soul. :rolleyes:

It was not me. I barely have the time to log on as myself, much less create multiple identities and try to mess with everyone.

Since I emailed the guy two days ago and he hasn't responded nor posted since then, I think I'll just let the cat out of the bag. Here's the last clue (and this should solve it for everyone):

Coltrane's Blue Train.

B)

But wasn't that just his other name wasn't it BLP1577, Chicken Shack and another person all the same. Ititially you said it was someone using 3 names.