organissimo takes Boston!!!

GregN

I am going to try to be there.... 11:30 start time about an hour from my house... gonna be tough. Way past my bedtime, you know. :)

Just so you know, you're competing with Scofield (at the Regattabar) and Ellis Marsalis (at Scullers). Scofield might steal a few. He usually sells out. I hope the turnout is there.

Kevin

Ouch. Well, I just found out that in Lansing, the town that has no jazz (and my hometown) that we'll be competing with the Michigan State University Professors of Jazz at the Wharton Center with special guest RON CARTER the same night we're at the Creole Gallery in Lansing.

DOH!

But... hey... them's the breaks.

I am going to try to be there.... 11:30 start time about an hour from my house... gonna be tough. Way past my bedtime, you know. :)

Just so you know, you're competing with Scofield (at the Regattabar) and Ellis Marsalis (at Scullers). Scofield might steal a few. He usually sells out. I hope the turnout is there.

Kevin

organissimo appeals to a similiar but not exactly the same demographic, so it likely wont be as big of an issue. Ellis and Sco need to worry about each other me thinks. lol

what I am trying to say is: organissimo is goin' to smoke their asses!!! just kiddin' ahem... or... am... I?? :w

g

Ouch.  Well, I just found out that in Lansing, the town that has no jazz (and my hometown) that we'll be competing with the Michigan State University Professors of Jazz at the Wharton Center with special guest RON CARTER the same night we're at the Creole Gallery in Lansing.

DOH!

But... hey... them's the breaks.

It wont be an issue. Tickets are goin' fast. So, if you haven't already gotten your's and live in the Lansing area, now is the time.

g

organissimo appeals to a similiar but not exactly the same demographic

This response is really depressing (for me). Marketing, not music. You are trying to sell music!

Chuck the exact meaning and/or intent of your response is unclear to me.

When I speak of demographic I am talkin' about whether people will make it out to the performance in light of the aforementioned "competition". But cheer up Chuck,

we are presently still in debt up to our eyeballs and never did this to make a bundle. It was and will always be about the music first. Remember, I was a soc major in grad school, so 'demographic' (I believe that is the word that upset you) has it's less business like references for me.

And I sincerely hope you realize that I was jokin' about 'smokin'' anybody.

Do I sell? Hell yes, I sell the idea of a great band making great music. And I ain't lying.

Never mind. :(

This response is really depressing (for me). Marketing, not music. You are trying to sell music!

When I speak of demographic I am talkin' about whether people will make it out to the performance in light of the aforementioned "competition". But cheer up Chuck,

we are presently still in debt up to our eyeballs and never did this to make a bundle. It was and will always be about the music first. Remember, I was a soc major in grad school, so 'demographic' (I believe that is the word that upset you) has it's less business like references for me.

Do I sell? Hell yes, I sell the idea of a great band making great music. And I ain't lying.

Never mind. :(

It's all good, Chuck. You are a great jazz resource here, I meant no disrespect.

I am with ya on the general state of the music biz.

Sincerely,

g

• 2 weeks later...

Chauffeur Bresnahan reporting in. :D We visited Jack and then walked around Harvard Square a bit. Indian at the Bombay Cafe (the vindaloo was nice) and then off to the club. Killing three hours in there was a bit too much and well, I'm home now so obviously I won't be there. I did help lug their gear into the club, though. Those cymbles are heavy! :)

I'm with Jack. 11:30 is just too late for me. I'll be seeing the inside of my eyelids by then. I think jazzshrink will be there. Good luck guys.

Kevin

Just you all wait until the nasty boys line up in Boston: Harvard, watch you ass. Organissimo has arrived and there ain't no stoppin' 'em. Scofield, Marsalis, you watch your asses too: the midwest Hammond kick-butt honkin' groove down homeys have hit the big town. Don't quit your day jobs, hear?

Could somebody please give me and explanation of the NYT discription of the band from todays paper? It reads:

Organissimo This Michigan based organ trio resurrects the sound of 1960's soul jazz but with a touch liss grit and grease; the members appear here in support of a lieable new album,"This is the Place" (Big O).

I'm confused over the "less grit and grease" line. Help.