BEWARE OF CD STREET...

Setting up online Cd sales at CDStreet was a huge mistake! We have had nothing but problems with these jive people! They apparently don't seem to give a f*ck and obviously don't take care of biz, especially when it comes to paying the artists for Cds that have been sold... :angry:

CDStreet owes Organissimo more than $360. and we'll be damned lucky to see any of that bread! We have since switched to CDBaby and already are being treated much better.. :rolleyes:

BOYCOTT CDSTREET! :rmad:

Edited by randissimo

I can't believe this shit!  You mean you guys saw nothing from those CDs we bought?  This is severly fucked up...anyone got any ideas on possible revenge methods? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I think we've been ripped off by this "less than honorable" CD or "seedy" operation.. :(

If we get any of the money owed to us I will be surprised... :rcry

Edited by randissimo

Well the kicker is that they changed a contract that I agreed to without asking my consent. Basically when I first signed up for the service we paid a one-time set-up fee of $35. That took care of them writing code for a shopping cart for us, setting up a page on their site, blah blah blah. Whatever.

After that, they took 20% of every sale and in exchange we have the capability of taking credit card orders. Hoo-haa! And they were supposed to pay us at the end of every month for the CDs sold for that month.

Well, as of mid-May I had only recieved one check from them for $40 even though we had sold well over $600 worth of merchandise. Keep in mind that in order to produce the CD, Randy, Joe and I paid out about $5,000 dollars of our own money and we're still paying off the studio and the CD duplicator even as I type this. So we haven't broken even yet.

Then, they send me this email about the same time (mid-May) saying that their changing their pricing structure due to financial problems. Now, instead of just taking 20%, they are taking 25% and also charging a $12 per month service fee regardless of whether you sell CDs or not. Or, you can choose for them to take 35% of every sale and have no monthly fee. A big gigantic rip off and no one had any say.

Plus, I learned from one of the over-seas members of this board that their shipping costs over seas were way out of line (very expensive). So after all this I immediately switched us over to CDBaby and they have been very very very very cool. I just got my first check from them, on time as promised. It also cost us nothing to switch over, since they were running a promotional deal when we signed up and they waived the $30 sign up fee.

As it stands, CDStreet still owes us about $360 for our March sales and another $100 or so for June. I've been sending them angry emails with no reply. I'm going to start calling their asses everyday pretty soon.

I would definately call for a boycott. This is some bullshit.

Well, we could always use the Jim Sangrey mode of dealing with telemarketers on them (call them up pretending to be very interested in starting an account and just waste time for as long as possible)...maybe they'll realize that time is money and pay up.

Do they have a toll-free number? I've got some free time!

I don't think we need a strategy to put them out of business. I think they'll do that themselves. I'm sure they lost a lot of customers to CDBaby when they created the new rules. I just want my money.

The problem is we would probably have to take these assholes into small claims court to get our money... They probably owe a whole lot of other people too... :(

:angry:

Sometimes a strongly-worded letter to their president or in-house counsel threatening to take them to small claims court in YOUR state (which has jurisdiction over CD Street if CD Street is out-of-state because CD Street is doing business with you, a Mich. resident) will do the trick and get them to pay up--the last thing they want to do is deal with filing an appearance or responding to a petition (which you could self-draft in small claims court, no attorney required) in a foreign jurisdiction for a thousand bucks...have you thought of that? In your letter, you can, of course, threaten to lodge complaints with the BBB, state attorney general, etc. etc...might get their attention! <_<

Peter

Aren't there a couple great legal minds here on the board?? I seem to remember at least one or two offering to take on Musicboy during that mess, when he threatened to bring in the wrath of the DOJ, and shut down this board.

A strongly worded letter from an attorney, on their law firm's letterhead, might just do the trick with CD Street.

Aren't there a couple great legal minds here on the board?? I seem to remember at least one or two offering to take on Musicboy during that mess, when he threatened to bring in the wrath of the DOJ, and shut down this board.

A strongly worded letter from an attorney, on their law firm's letterhead, might just do the trick with CD Street.

We appreciate any ideas or suggestions that will help expedite this matter..

It's hard enough out here trying to book gigs and

keep the music moving forward without having to deal with these kinds of dishonest people! :rmad: