I Hate that little strip of tape.....

sheldonm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it was AfricaBrass who mentioned this neat trick. Instead of peeling at the sticker, you unhinge the bottom of the jewel case lid and open the thing bottom to top, using the sticker as a hinge. That way you can more easily get the thing off. Of course if the sticker is old and nasty, you may still be left with some residue, which you will then have to remove using anything from spit to after shave...

At the larger CD shops (Tower, Virgin, etc),

you can get a CD opener that you drag across

the top of the CD. It breaks thru the shrinkwrap

and cuts that top strip in half. so that you can easily peel

it off without leaving residue.

On stuff that's already sticky,

you can use the famous yellow bottle of lighter fluid.

Used it for years on LP price stickers too

and it evaporates leaving no trace!

Just don't smoke while using it!

EZ Openers

Lighter fluid

I use the couw/AfricaBrass technique of opening the case bottom to top for getting the sticker off. Residue is another issue, and all of the suggestions seem reasonable.

The technique in question is actually been named The Bresnahan Maneuver (despite Kevin's protests - he's just being modest :D )

This problem was discussed at length on the old board after several of the early RVG batches were sealed with an industrial strength sticker which everyone was having trouble removing.

Now the problem is residue. Will our torment ever end?

I use the couw/AfricaBrass technique of opening the case bottom to top for getting the sticker off. Residue is another issue, and all of the suggestions seem reasonable.

The technique in question is actually been named The Bresnahan Maneuver (despite Kevin's protests - he's just being modest :D )

This problem was discussed at length on the old board after several of the early RVG batches were sealed with an industrial strength sticker which everyone was having trouble removing.

You beat me to it, scott. I still think of Kevin every time I do it... Kevin you're IMMORTAL!

:lol:

If residue remains, I go with "Goo Gone" :tup (very stupid name, but very good product).

I notice MOST labels have very nice stickers that come right off. Unfortunately EMI must buy all theirs from the cheapest source in the world, they almost never come off cleanly and leave that damn sticky crap all over the place. Thanks again BN!(and did I mention you suck for closing the BNBB. hope Norah's selling well for you). :beee: