"Killer Joe"- One for All

jazzkrow

I heard some snippets tonight on e-jazzlines of the new One for All cd-"Killer Joe."

One smoking set- :tup

Any leads on a site to find this cd at a reasonable price or does one have to pay a $20++ price to get a Venus label cd?

Not even listed on CD Universe.

Is the fidelity of Venus cds that exceptional-comparable to XRCD or K2??

Edited by jazzkrow

Great CD.

Cadence has the best US price on Venus CDS.

$20 right now, and if you're a Cadence subscriber, you take another $1 off.

I got the CD the first week it was released through a Japanese website. Price was still pretty good. Definitely a worthy addition to the One For All discography.

I only have one 'One for all' CD (Wide Horizons) which I thought was kind of weak (except for Eric Alexander). A lot of the compositions were mid tempo and sluggish, I thought. The horns didn't do much for me (again, except for Alexander). Did I just happen to pick an unrepresentative CD by these guys? Any recommendations for a second chance?

I only have one 'One for all' CD (Wide Horizons) which I thought was kind of weak (except for Eric Alexander).  A lot of the compositions were mid tempo and sluggish, I thought.  The horns didn't do much for me (again, except for Alexander).  Did I just happen to pick an unrepresentative CD by these guys?  Any recommendations for a second chance?

Try No Problem on Venus or Live At Smoke, Vol.1 on CrissCross.

Disclaimer: I think Wide Horizons is O.K..