Couple for Trade

I have

1. a sealed copy of Kind of Blue, Columbia Super Bit Mapped edition and

2. a used Money Jungle (TOCJ-6247) -- no OBI thingamajig

3. Three sealed *cassettes*: Ahmad Jamal "Chicago Revisited: Live at Joe Segal's Jazz Showcase", Oscar Peterson Trio "Saturday Night at the Blue Note", and Oscar Peterson Trio "Last Call at the Blue Note"

I'd be interested in trading for basically anything I don't own (already have the CDs and don't have a cassette player!) -- my taste leans heavily towards bop/hard-bop, mid 50's to late 60's.

And if no one has a trade I'll probably just give them away-- I just want to give them to someone who will listen to them (which is basically no one I know)!

Guest Chaney

I can whole-heartedly recommend "Kind of Blue".

Two thumbs up! :tup:tup:tup

Miles Davis on Piano and vocals; Jimmy Coltrane on trumpet; the rhythym section of Julius 'Cannon' Adderley, James 'JimmyCrackCorn' Cobb and Paul 'Bassmeister' Chambers; and orchestrations by Gil 'Don'tCallMeErnie' Evans.

chicagosix.jpg

Isn't this one OOP?

:huh:

This very same lineup backed Robert Goulet on many a Branson date.

andyornament.jpg

Sorry, no opinion on "Money Jungle".

I remember those Robert Goulet/Charles Branson ECM sides very well, especially the one where the Eicher invited Claudine Longet in and she "serviced" the band on the ski slopes outside the studio. Philly Joe Johnson talked about it in Beat Down magazine. He though that she was being paid, but he found out later that she was just a big Goulet/Branson fan. Well, most of America was!

Anybody got CDs of those for sale? My old LPs are shot to hell. :(:(:(:(

Edited by JSngry

Guest Chaney

Kind of Blue...  doesn't Tennessee Ernie Ford guest on that?

YES! Sorry. My bad.

Tennessee Ernie Ford laid down some very tasty Hammond B3 work on the tracks on which Miles sings.

An early family photo of Mr. Ford (right) with future wife Claudine Longet (fondling dog):

my3chip.jpg

That Claudine was fond of fondling, wasn't she? At least until she found God and changed her name to Aminia.

She also founded the Longet Symphonette Society and pioneered box sets. No Longet, no Mosaic. Simple as that.

So here's to Aminia Claudine Longet, a TRUE patron of the recorded arts!

gown.jpg

Guest Chaney

I was a big fan of hers until she 'accidentally' killed Andy Williams.

317image-b.jpg

I understand that, after paying her bebt to society (30 days in jail and the promise to never again record an album), she has lead a model life.

I understand that, after paying her bebt to society (30 days in jail and the promise to never again record an album), she has lead a model life.

Here's actual prison photographs (seriously!) of Aminia paying that bebt:

jail.jpgjail2.jpg

The leaded life she lead before the tragic killing of Williams can perhaps be explained by the fact that she was born with a tail, and kept it well into adulthood:

crawdaddy.jpg

Only through a bout of "rough sex" with Jan Garbarek outside the ECM studios was the tail removed. Apparently the appendage had become frozen (Garbarek was notorious in those days for his kinky, some say compulsive, attraction, some say addiction, to subzero sex, even mentioning it at length in his forward to the Nynorsk translation of "Tropic Of Cancer"). A particularly forceful thrust by Garbarek snapped the bothersome mutation off, cleanly, bloodlessly, never to haunt her again. Whether or not this occured during a Goulet/Branson session has not been officailly documented, but given the timing of those dates and Longet's subsequent series of high-profile tailless public appearances, it seems likely.

Fortunately, an unnamed photographer heard the screams and moans coming from outside the studio, and rushed to see what all the ruccus was. This photograph captures Longet and Garbarek returning from their tryst, the look of physchosexual triumph visibly evident on both their faces. That's the stump of Aminia's tail that she's holding in her right hand.

spider.jpg

Edited by JSngry

Guest Chaney

Thanks for the information, JS. I think there is a lesson that we can all learn from this: If you're going to 'accidentally' kill someone, first make sure that you're (1) attractive, (2) inoffensive... to most, (3) somewhat beloved... to most and (4) did I mention attractive?

I wasn't aware of the tail story but you've really managed to bring it alive for my brethren and me. I only hope that you've not divulged any musician-type secrets which could now lead to your sudden, albeit 'accidental', death.

Take care and be sure to check the locks before lying down to sleep. Trust no one, not even the Mrs. (You can trust your fellow board members as we're family - and not very likely to wish you dead.)

Come to think of it, isn't Mrs. Sangrey's maiden name 'Longet'?

:rfr